PDA

View Full Version : My 300ex shock. Is it ok or what?

Dustybear300ex
10-30-2002, 09:44 PM
hey. I had a question about my 300ex shock on the rear. I didn't notice it actualy my friend pointed it out. The quad sags about 1.5 inches, i always thought u wanted a little bit of sag. (when i say the distance i am talking about the grab bar and how far it falls to the ground). then when i really bounce on the grab bar it goes smooth, then gets hard and does it pretty quick. it isn't bottoming out, it still has more it just goes from easy to hard. after i bounce it hard it goes back up but instead of sagging 1.5in i would say it does 2 maybe 2.5. neither of my friend's quads (blaster, lt230) sag at all, and they seem to go through the whole travle smoothly. also, when i do this to my quad i can hear the gas or liquid whatever it is, so it must not be out, and it doesn't keep springing up and down so it must not be blown but it does spring up fairly quick. there is no oil or anything on the shaft of the shock so i am guessing that the seel isnt bad. Does anyone elses 300ex do this, if not what is wrong with mine. thanks

frozenh2o
10-31-2002, 09:33 AM
If it doesn't return to the same place when you push down/lift up, you better check your swingarm pivot bearings. Make sure they are still ok, not full of dirt or rust, or gone!

Dustybear300ex
10-31-2002, 11:21 AM
funny you say that because about a week ago i did and they were frozen. i put new ones in but it still seems to do it. not as bad though.so what else could it be, or is this how the 300ex shocks are maybe?

BLURR250X
11-01-2002, 06:01 PM
Its trying to tell you its time for aftermarket shocks. Mine does the same thing excepts a little worse.I'm either buying a rear raptor shock or getting a Works rear shock.

Dustybear300ex
11-01-2002, 11:22 PM
i just went to the cycle shop today and saw a 400ex and a banshee. so i tried to do the same bouncing on the grab bar thing to those two quads. The banshee had no sag at all, and was exactly like my friends blaster, and the 400ex had the exact same characteristics as mine, with the sag and rebound and everything, except mine shot up a little quicker. both quads were brand new, so they dont need aftermarket shocks. im thinking that each company has different types of suspension, i thought all sport quads would be the same but i guess not.

exriderdude
11-02-2002, 10:54 AM
thats how 300 shocks are.

it comes up so quick becuase your spring is probably in the tightest position,

Sparky416ex
11-03-2002, 01:50 PM
Hey all shocks...even my axis will do that a little...if you pull up it will saty up farther...but if you push back down thn let the shock pull the bike back up...it wont go quite as far back up

trueblue450
11-04-2002, 10:27 AM
yeah and the stock 300 shocks suck.. my works do that too.. your fine.. just run it till you blow it.

Dustybear300ex
11-11-2002, 08:08 PM
i figured it was fine