PDA

View Full Version : Burgard Cycle WTF!!!!!!

rap169
09-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Has anybody been able to get in tough with Izzy at burgard. Ive been calling and leaving messages for 2 months now. I know his customer service isnt very good, but this just plain sucks. If i cant get in touch with him soon ill just have to drive there. according to map quest its about 2.5 hours away. If thats what it takes to get my parts, ill just make the drive. Im just curious if there is any reason i cant cant in touch with him.

quad2xtreme
09-14-2007, 12:12 PM
You not likely to get many responses. This post has been done so many times it should just be a sticky with a big warning...

rap169
09-14-2007, 12:17 PM
well before this, i havent had any realy problems. but i bent and a-arm and need a replacement. I was sent one that from hellbound that was the wrong one. So i talked to izzy and he said he would replace it with the right one. I sent him the one back 2 months ago and now he wont answer phone calls or call me back. I even told him i wanted to order bearing for my carrier and new ball joints. I dont understand what the prob with any of this is.

quad2xtreme
09-14-2007, 02:23 PM
piss poor customer service.

derekhonda
09-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Yep, great product, just horrible customer service. They out to raise their price on a-arms 20 bucks and hire a hr person, cause i don't know many people that have had "no problems" when dealing with them

Sjorge450R
09-14-2007, 04:43 PM
hmm. I just ordered stem a month ago. Showed up 2 days later.

clutt225
09-14-2007, 08:23 PM
i got my stem in a week but my carrier took three months to get

LTandRaptorider
09-15-2007, 10:58 AM
I tried calling Burgard's last spring for replacement a-arm bushings for my Burgard a-arms. I gave up after a month, really regret buying anything from him. A mistake I won't repeat. ;)

You may pay a little more elsewhere, but I highly recommend doing so.

skatrdude20
09-15-2007, 11:24 AM
I bought mine from him on ebay. They were here in a week. I just hope nothing goes wrong with them, from the sounds of it I dont want to have to get in touch with him!

WhiteYFZ
09-15-2007, 12:02 PM
yea his service sucks. seems like a cool guy, but just not good service.

rap169
09-15-2007, 12:42 PM
agreed. I think his parts are built well and are decent quality, but its a pain in the ***** ti get in touch with him for replacement parts. If he stepped up to the plate with better service, he would have a pretty good business.

300ex_#387
09-15-2007, 06:07 PM
I ordered a stem through him, and it took FOREVER to get it. I didn't even get a sticker :( . I called prolly a dozen times, and got ahold of him twice.

05Z400rdr
09-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Sorry to hear about that :ermm:

I actually never called him without him answering. I dont know if it's just luck, or what...? I seem to call him usually in the evenings but idk if that has anything to do with it. Luckily for me tho, his place is only 10-15 minutes from our house, and 5 minutes from school. He is a very nive guy, makes AWESOME products, but he lacks costumer service.

For those of you who "dont recommend" getting parts from him, i feel the opposite. I would HIGHLY recommend his parts, as they are exceelent quality, and excellent price.

In fact, I just called him tonight around 7 to see if he had a carrier bearing kit for a ltr, called once, and he answered. I never had any problems with him, nothing but good.

Sorry for everyone's inconvenience with them, but i do wish you luck, and i DO recommend them.

Thanks,
Landon

quad2xtreme
09-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Concensus is his customer service sucks. If you want a good part at a bargain price then Burgard is an option. If you want great service, then you better deal through someone else. Truthfully, it would be much better if he just manufactured and totally left distribution to the professionals.

bradley300
09-15-2007, 07:49 PM
if you want burgaurd parts, the best way to get them is through a burgaurd dealer that has them AT THIER OWN SHOP- he dosent treat his dealers any better than his customers

SRH
09-15-2007, 08:19 PM
how does he stay in business with a reputation like this....ive had some buddies that run his stuff, unfortunately i dont feel it was top notch but he also doesnt charge a arm and a leg

Mxjunkie
09-16-2007, 07:05 AM
I'm sure Izzy can find some hilljack chicks up there to handle all his phone calls and orders. That would be the best solution for him because the sport is growing and his parts are sault after by many riders because of the bang for the buck.

rap169
09-22-2007, 01:51 AM
update: 9-21-07
I finally got in touch with bugard. Izzy told me he was sorry and he thought this issue was staitened out and i had my part already. He said he would get it out to me asap. I also needed some other small replacement parts and he said he would hook me up with them for the inconvienence. If thats the case props to him for making things better. I just have to wait till next week and hope it all comes in. Ill let everyone know how it works out. I will admit, he does seem like a nice guy and his products are great for the money,but he is hard to get in touch with.

05Z400rdr
09-22-2007, 06:58 AM
You are exactly right, he is a very nice guy, and he does have great products. It's good to see that you worked everything out with him. He means no harm with anybody, and he wants everyone to have and to be happy with their parts.

Thank you,
Landon

quad2xtreme
09-22-2007, 09:19 AM
I've had 4 Burgard stems and would buy another. I got most of my stuff through Hellbound Racing though.

One thing for sure, Izzy is proof that we are paying too much for our parts from many of the other manufacturers...unless that is the price for paying for a customer service person.

Les Davis
09-22-2007, 06:04 PM
I couldnt help but chime in. I wouldnt buy a pack of gum from Burgard!!!! I tried to call him for 2 months straight, left numerous messages and did not recieve one return phone call. I even had my local dealer who knows Izzy personally call on my behalf to buy some bearings for me and he had the same luck as I did. Although the product might have a better price and the quality might be half decent, what good is that if you have a quad that needs repaired and are unable to get parts as needed. While you ponder that, I'll buy from someone else and be riding while your leaving mesages for Izzy. Good Luck!

Just my 2 cents!

elementryder
09-22-2007, 06:38 PM
izzy is a awesome guy and will do anything to help anyone out he is very busy ive been to his shop several times and his phone dosent go for about 5min without ringing and he dosent write anything down he remembers everything in his head he means good belive me ,sometimes you just have to remind him but dont call him so many times that it gets annoying because he dosent like that and i wouldent either

Tyler Dommel #01

Chino
09-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by elementryder
izzy is a awesome guy and will do anything to help anyone out he is very busy ive been to his shop several times and his phone dosent go for about 5min without ringing and he dosent write anything down he remembers everything in his head he means good belive me ,sometimes you just have to remind him but dont call him so many times that it gets annoying because he dosent like that and i wouldent either

Tyler Dommel #01

sounds like someone needs to learn to run a more efficient business, not writing things down and not answering calls is not going to help matters out, for the money he is losing on not answering phone calls it would be beneficial for him to hire a few people to help him out, I for one will never buy another Burgard part...

wvspeedfreak
09-22-2007, 08:42 PM
I have had the same experience with Burgard as alot of you have had.I just can't see why he wouldn't just hire a secratary.It would make it easier on himself and the customers.

rap169
09-28-2007, 05:13 PM
well its been a week since i talked to izzy. He told me last friday he would get my parts out on monday. Still havent recieved anything. I guess i have to make another phone call or should i say a million phone calls.

rap169
10-05-2007, 07:26 PM
well right back to the same crap. 2 weeks since i talked to izzy, he said he was gonna ship them out. I called this week and got no answer as usual. im really gettin tired of this.

quad2xtreme
10-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
You are exactly right, he is a very nice guy, and he does have great products. It's good to see that you worked everything out with him. He means no harm with anybody, and he wants everyone to have and to be happy with their parts.

Thank you,
Landon

It gets pretty hard to say anything positive about Burgard when Izzy doesn't even follow through on his words. It really is a shame and I hate to see people get burned by him time and time again. I know the site won't put a sticky on Burgard but they really do deserve it.

JessetheKid
10-06-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by elementryder
he dosent write anything down he remembers everything in his head he means good belive me ,sometimes you just have to remind him but dont call him so many times that it gets annoying because he dosent like that and i wouldent either

Tyler Dommel #01

sounds like a good business man, i had a problem a few years ago with a bent arm, took 2 months to get a replacement

rap169
10-12-2007, 11:21 PM
well after getting in touch with izzy on tuesday, he told me he would ship parts out next day. I got the parts i wanted on friday, and he even thre some extra ball joints in the box and two burgard t-shirts for the inconvience. Im happy with the end result, but this could have been taken care of months ago. But overall, he is a nice guy, just needs some help with costomer service. Pretty good products too. Id consider buying his parts again if i knew i could get replacemnt parts in a hurry.