PDA

View Full Version : Friday Practice Pismo?

400exrider0004
09-14-2007, 10:03 AM
About a month ago I looked at the Pismo flyer and saw that there was Friday practice. Now as I look at it I see that there isnt. I know there wasnt practice last year, but I wanted to make sure. Is there Friday practice for round 9?

CannondaleRider
09-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Nope...no Friday practice.....no motocross(obviously)

QuadJunkies
09-27-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Nope...no Friday practice.....no motocross(obviously)
I could be wrong but is it alos a little because they are trying to preserve the beach race from getting too torn up as well?
I bet were gonna have ALOT of sore riders after this race!:blah:

CannondaleRider
09-27-2007, 01:18 PM
I've never heard that being a deciding factor. Just because there is no MX really, all natural terrain. So MX Practice is almost pointless. BUT, I can see how no "MX" practice would help a BIT.

It gets so tore up, so fast, that it doesn't really matter.

NO grooming, whatsoever. I ran the Pro-Am last year there...after EVERY packed class, with no grooming, lol. Two hour main instead of the regular 90 minutes. A lap had all of about 2 tiny places to take a break, everything else was pure hell....whoops, whoops, and more whoops. This was the first time in my life that i've seen sand whoops get square edged and choppy...very little of the smooth, regular, dune roller whoops. I couldn't even get off my bike once I was back at the pit, lol.

Physical prep, and bike prep, is a BIG factor with this race.

QuadJunkies
09-27-2007, 11:57 PM
How in the world do the minis get around out there when its so whooped out?
Do alot of them get stuck?
We are goign to experiement with some tires next week when Troy gets back from Saint Anothonys to see how a few dif. tires work at our local sand box.

CannondaleRider
09-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Hadn't thought about it to much....didn't get a chance to watch the minis last year.

I'm not sure what portion of the track, say, Kelsey will run. I'm sure Brandon and the other smaller guys(and girls) will run just the "infield" section, which isn't as bad as the rest of the track as far as a mini getting stuck....but still very possible. If Kelsey runs the entire track, or at least a larger portion of it....there is some places where she could get stuck quite easy if the momentum isn't kept up just right. Especially with a mini, it may be hard to get the momentum for a few of the dunes, mainly just because it's so rough(although I would guess Kelseys quad would do better in that sense, compared to some of the others)

I don't know much about minis, but I would say you should gear down and run bigger tires, if you can:ermm: