PDA

View Full Version : I guess we missed a gusset

QuadJunkies
09-13-2007, 11:13 PM
After this last wk end at WORCS, looks like a full tear down is in order.:ermm:
Brandon jumped something he probably shouldnt have .lol
Shocks are going to get revalved as well.

QuadJunkies
09-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Broke threw on both sides.

QuadJunkies
09-13-2007, 11:15 PM
I think the only thing that kept him finishing the race was the shock kept it together!:blah: lol

sldhd700
09-14-2007, 04:26 AM
Wow
Where did Brandon do that? I quess we were lucky Shayden only bent a rim when he decided to move that tree. We have another race tonight so I m glad nothing broke.

It was nice to finally meet you and th rest of the QJ Team.

Shayden Housley #39

wvspeedfreak
09-14-2007, 04:57 AM
Boy that looks familiar :p

AtvMxRider
09-14-2007, 05:39 AM
So glad we are done with mini's:ermm:

etondaddy
09-14-2007, 06:45 AM
Yes sir that’s a classic………… that’s right were Kyle’s broke at FOD this year. I had gussets but they were on the other side towards the back on the other side of the down tube…………. We have them on the other side now. Kyle’s just broke on the shock side.

drr5
09-14-2007, 08:26 AM
if you reuse that frame be sure to check and make sure everything is square and that there arent any more issues , we learned the hard way still have the wadded up kasea frame to remind me.

QuadJunkies
09-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by drr5
if you reuse that frame be sure to check and make sure everything is square and that there arent any more issues , we learned the hard way still have the wadded up kasea frame to remind me.
Absolutely!! Troys and our good freind who is our welder good with welds,so we wont see this happen again!:scary: lol
There is several welds on it and its all held up well, but I guess they just didnt think this spot needed it .
I guess they was WRONG!:p

Brandon done that on the tunnel jump. He actually cleared it :eek: BUT... his rear tire clipped the slop and about sent him over the bars is I think it was the the 71-90 mod race. He came back saying his back hurt after that and didnt attempt it again . He almost went over the bars.
When he lined up for the sport class ,he said he felt like his motor was moving and have a couple of the guys looking at it TRoy told me... They said it looked fine from a glance. So he raced it that whole Sport class race like that!:huh Even though he wrecked already that race(clipped a bail and metal stake in the ground at checkpoint) it could have been worse due to the frame.
That rear shock is all that held him the whole race.

And here we thought it was a blown rear shock.. LOL!:blah:

QuadJunkies
09-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by sldhd700
Wow
Where did Brandon do that? I quess we were lucky Shayden only bent a rim when he decided to move that tree. We have another race tonight so I m glad nothing broke.

It was nice to finally meet you and th rest of the QJ Team.

Shayden Housley #39
Nice to meet you as well!
Shayden is a great racer.Too bad you wernt hitting the whole series...I think Brandon and him hit it off well . :)
I cant wait to see how well he does once we redo the motor. That low end flat spot is killing his starts(as you already saw):ermm:
If we can get this motor dialed in, I think he will have a very good season in 2008:macho
Im working on the race Coverage for the Youth this wk end...

Jerry....we say that every time the kids race . Ill be sooo glad when they both ready to move up to full sized quads.

Although,they tend to break down too and not as cheap to fix at times!!

sldhd700
09-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Shayden wants to run more of the WORCS series next year. I m going to have to work on some sponsors. It s very hard to take your son to an event like this and have them do well then tell them we are going back to race local tracks.

Rich and your builder should be able to get your bike running right. I have alot of faith in Rich and his knowledge. Shaydens start on the Sport Class was great. I have never seen him pull the front end off the ground at the start before. Rich had a great set up for us. I just want to see what happens after we go into the motor.

Looking forward to seeing your race coverage. You have to be tired after one of these events carrying all that camera gear. Do you do photography professionally?

Shayden Housley

QuadJunkies
09-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by sldhd700
Shayden wants to run more of the WORCS series next year. I m going to have to work on some sponsors. It s very hard to take your son to an event like this and have them do well then tell them we are going back to race local tracks.

Rich and your builder should be able to get your bike running right. I have alot of faith in Rich and his knowledge. Shaydens start on the Sport Class was great. I have never seen him pull the front end off the ground at the start before. Rich had a great set up for us. I just want to see what happens after we go into the motor.

Looking forward to seeing your race coverage. You have to be tired after one of these events carrying all that camera gear. Do you do photography professionally?

Shayden Housley

We will never see Brandon pull wheelies I dont think with a +2 swinger, Kelsey never even done that with her WRH 116 stroker,but man... was that motor FAST!:blah: But I too have faith in both Greg and Rich,not to mention we are so greatful to everyone that has helped us along the way. People like them and all the sponsors in our lives are so important to us.
I do have my own side business in Photography at home .I do an array of things. Anything from Weddings to private photos sessions with racers for the race resumes and portfolios to Commerical businesses locally. Its slow moving , but in time I hope to more of this and less at my current job.
i spend roughly a week on Coverage with over 36 classes to recap :scary: I think thats where Im tired the most .. LOL :p
I am somewhat usedto my camera wieght now, but I held the Admin . Camera(its a Canon) and WHOA... thats was HEAVY!
Mine wieighs in around 8.5 pounnds wioth s sport lense.
When I 1st started shooting, I would have sworn I just raced cause my arms were fatigued and sore . LOL
Its wk ends like this one where my Camera malfunctioned and all my photos struggled that angers me the most when I spent all day in the field to get horrible shots.I desperately need the kids to run good for a season so I can afford to buy a new Camera!:ermm:

Rcarroll
09-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Same thing happen to us. We put a 3" long solid steel rod in the tube and took a screw driver and moved it so it was on both side of the break got everything lined back up and then welded it back together.

QuadJunkies
09-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Kids are sure hard on toys. :ermm:

:p
I just re-read what I posted earlier today..(type-O's BIGTIME! lol)
Note to self... NEVER type when I havent had my morning coffee.:o

Welding will be done tomorrow and the motor is split and getting a full inspection .

how much weight do you think is added from all the gussets anyhow?

QuadJunkies
09-23-2007, 01:00 PM
I think this should hold now!:p
Looks like we will need to re PC everything this fall.

QuadJunkies
09-23-2007, 01:01 PM
We have welded everywhere and reinforced all the spots that needed it ,with the exceptions of the spots we wre told NOT to due to flex points.

QuadJunkies
09-23-2007, 01:03 PM
If he breaks this spot again, I dunno what else to tell him :confused:

Nichols Atvs
09-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Had this same thing happen today . Still took a 3rd in 4-5 with quick reweld and placed 2nd in the 6-7. Sorry no pictures had five races to tear down reweld the back to race done pretty dam good for about 30 minutes of work time and the luck of a welder being on hand with truck .Lucky for us he decided to race today and had the truck. Just barely got the seat back on and was racing again with two sets of fingers crossed he pulled off the 2nd place spot the 70 had the 90s on there toes today.:D :D :D (Oh YA!!!)

QuadJunkies
09-23-2007, 06:55 PM
HAHA!! Sweeeett!!!!

Did it break threw all the way on both sides too?
I guess the rear shock was a life saver on Brandons last race:scary:

Nichols Atvs
09-23-2007, 08:08 PM
luckly not, it pinched a wire off and the quad died thats how i found it but i think another couple of jumps would have taken out the other side as well .He was jumping really hard last race for the year. i ll have problem fixed in a couple days

hotquads1
09-24-2007, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
We have welded everywhere and reinforced all the spots that needed it ,with the exceptions of the spots we wre told NOT to due to flex points.

I think your frame is good to go , you might want to condsider some reinforcement to the upper shock mount , it is going to be absorbing all the stress now , and I have seen them break at the weld .
marc

QuadJunkies
09-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by hotquads1
I think your frame is good to go , you might want to condsider some reinforcement to the upper shock mount , it is going to be absorbing all the stress now , and I have seen them break at the weld .
marc
We actually done that when we 1st got the quad. Both kids broke that on there other minis so corrected that 1st thing . lol
If I flipped it upside down you could see it, you just cant in that pic above.

hotquads1
09-24-2007, 11:45 AM
good , I just wanted to pass it on in case it had been overlooked, marc

ecmini1
09-24-2007, 12:09 PM
I was going to say the same thing about the shock mount but hot quads said it. We also reinforce the bar that the back of the motors mounts to. We have seen a couple of aggresive riders break that bar before. Your son is in the aggresive rider class. Just a little fyi for ya.:D

QuadJunkies
09-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by hotquads1
good , I just wanted to pass it on in case it had been overlooked, marc
Not a problem Marc-I appreciate that!! :):)
thatsone thing around here is I can count on ya'll to answer anything we need to know ;)

Is there really anything they they CANT break on these minis ?:p LOL