PDA

View Full Version : pilot jet size for 525 outlaw

bossman525
09-13-2007, 08:55 PM
what size pilot jet does the 525 have? my 525 stumbles write off idle when it warms up and then sometimes pops and dies. i adjusted my mixture screw its at 1 and 3/4 turns. i totally ran the screw all the way in and the quad didn't die. so doesn't that mean that the pilot jet is to big? it couldn't be a float adjustment would it? because my buddy has the same machine and his does the same thing. any advice would be great.

my settings are:
165 main, red needle 5th clip, stock pilot, stock filter, ehs racing lid, stock pipe back on. thanks guy's

Evasiveone
09-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Stock pilot jet is a 45.

Have you turned up your idle yet? Turn it up to about 1700-1850 RPM's. Also are you running the baffle in the stock pipe again? If so try going to the 4th clip on the red needle.

bossman525
09-14-2007, 02:37 PM
yea i turned up the idle it seemed to help a little bit. if i lower the clip on my needle won't that richen the mid range? i thought i seen a post from outlaw bill once that he said to somebody to go to a 42 pilot. i just seems to be getting to big of a shot of gas. thanks for the reply evasiveone.......... oh yes i am running the baffle in the stock pipe

OutlawBill
09-14-2007, 02:59 PM
no go to a 48 or 50, I went with the slow air jet stock 100 I went too a 80 so I lean out the air and richen the fule for bog when I let off the gas.

bossman525
09-14-2007, 07:27 PM
i hope i dont sound stupid, but were is the slow air jet? you think i should go to a 48 or 50 pilot? the pilot jet is right next to the main jet inside the carb right? thanks for the reply bill

Evasiveone
09-14-2007, 07:43 PM
You are not lowering the clip, you are raising it. (going from the 5th clip down up to the 4th). By raising it to the 4th clip from the top, you are lowering the needle into the jet, therefore leaning it out.

With no sparky, open box and Pro filter I am running the red needle at the 4th clip.

bossman525
09-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Evasiveone
You are not lowering the clip, you are raising it. (going from the 5th clip down up to the 4th). By raising it to the 4th clip from the top, you are lowering the needle into the jet, therefore leaning it out.

With no sparky, open box and Pro filter I am running the red needle at the 4th clip.

your right evasiveone, i was thinking about the clip backwards. i went out this morning and raised it to the 4 th position and it seemed to help alot. had to richen my fuel screw by to a little over 2 turns, it seemed to git rid of that bog, cough and sputter when you hit the gas real quick. thanks for the reply

Evasiveone
09-15-2007, 11:14 AM
If the temperatures are still warm where you are and you are running the sparky, try the 3rd clip and see if it gets even better.

OutlawBill
09-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by bossman525
i hope i dont sound stupid, but were is the slow air jet? you think i should go to a 48 or 50 pilot? the pilot jet is right next to the main jet inside the carb right? thanks for the reply bill # 30 on the chart

fcrmx_parts.pdf (http://www.keihin-us.com/am/_media/pdf/fcrmx_parts.pdf)