PDA

View Full Version : pro racing

mxracer89
10-30-2002, 08:31 PM
how do you no when you can go pro. like what do you have to Achieve to become a pro. what do you have to do. what class do you race in to show people that you are good and you can go pro ? thanks

tprender
10-30-2002, 08:56 PM
If you don't know the answer to this question you are not even close to being a Pro.

mxracer89
10-31-2002, 06:26 AM
**** i am not going to go pro. this is the first year i raced. i was just wondering what you had to do to become a pro.

10-31-2002, 06:29 AM
Are you referring to Pro at local races or Pro on a national GNC & GNCC series?????

OCCRA288
10-31-2002, 07:24 AM
I think he's referring to the Nat's

tprender
10-31-2002, 07:50 AM
If you are talking about the GNC, I will watch you ride and also question you about your past riding if You are not know to any of us. After watching you ride, we will we will dicide if you should be riding in the Pro class. At the XC I have heard that they are going to start a Pro linsce for next year and some other changes.

10-31-2002, 08:12 AM
Well the way I see it,,if you don't ride fast but fly low you qualify as a pro...not too many guys fall in that catagory.

I also heard a pro dirt bike rider once say,,if you don't have a practice track in your backyard then your not a pro..:eek:

oynot400
10-31-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Rico
if you don't have a practice track in your backyard then your not a pro..:eek:
I have a practice track, does that make me a pro. :huh :D
I have watched Nate Frese race at Hawkeye Downs and he kicks everyones arse. But I don't think he is up to a Doug Gust level yet. I would say if you domanate (sp?) your A class in your area it is time to move up and run the nationals. Then if you keep winning there, step up another level. May be pro. Personally I think if you don't have someone pushing you, you will not get faster.

Johnny_G
10-31-2002, 11:33 AM
Well the way I see it,,if you don't ride fast but fly low you qualify as a pro...not too many guys fall in that catagory.
.:eek:

When you ride as one fluid motion, seemingly effortlessly at a speed thats makes others wet themselves!!, and can consitently blow-away anyone you ride against with the exception of a handfull of riders from around the nation....... then you are a pro!!!!

Man I hope to get there some day.....LMFAO HAHAHAHHAHAH

Mxbubs
10-31-2002, 12:25 PM
You only will ever truly get as fast as you can be by riding with someone faster. I say take the leap whenever you are ready.

Ride for yourself, not others. Schumacher, the highest paid athlete in the world, a Formula driver,who makes 90million a year, has won I think 6?? titles was asked, how and what must one do to be a champion he replied "You have to take your equipment to its limits CONSISTENTLY without tearing it to pieces, and know your own limits and push them everyday CONSISTENTLY without going over"

That means making the machine go as fast as it POSSIBLY can go, and making your self operate it the BEST it can possibly be operated without a single mistake.

quadman21
10-31-2002, 01:08 PM
Dirt wheels had a really good article once about GNCC pros. It basically stated (and I am paraphrasing) "If you know someone who races the GNCC, you can't believe how fast they are. The amateur GNCC racers can't believe how fast the pros are, and the Pro riders can't believe how fast the top five are" I truly believe that you need to ride with someone faster than you to improve your own riding. Reckon I can rent Chad Duvall to ride with?...lol

mxracer89
10-31-2002, 05:35 PM
at the nationals what class should you ride in to get peoples atintion to look at how good you are

quadman21
11-01-2002, 06:07 AM
IMO I think you draw your own attention. For instance; in the GNC and GNCC series can you name ALL the pros racing? Everyone knows the big names like Ballance and Farr but can you sit down and name every pro rider in these series? I can't without looking and I'm a GNCC fanatic. Do you know who Adam Howell is? He's just a regular ole' guy like you and I but he rode his but off in the 4 stroke stock class this year and A LOT of people know who he is now! Mike penland told me once "Yeah your quad sure is pretty but at the end of a race do you want people to say you had a pretty quad? or that you rode really good today"? So I'll shut up now but I feel you can be a pro rider and seldom get noticed, or be yourself, ride the best you can, and let people notice YOU!

tants
11-04-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by mxracer89
how do you no when you can go pro. like what do you have to Achieve to become a pro. what do you have to do. what class do you race in to show people that you are good and you can go pro ? thanks

you start off in b class, then with earning enought points you can get moves into a class. then earning enough paints yo go to pro level at you trace, or expert. then once you have enought big time sponcers you can go "PRO"

mxracer89
11-04-2002, 08:13 PM
so at the natioals all if you have a fourstroke go in the fourstroke A class and if you are placing 1st in thoes people will start looking at you

trx400ex
11-04-2002, 08:23 PM
it all depends how fast you are, i beleive the class that is the traditional stepping stone to the pros is 250A.....Four stroke a is a super fast class though....not like a at a local level, got guys like nate leverenz

mxracer89
11-05-2002, 06:44 AM
ok thanks

11-05-2002, 07:35 AM
Ask beerock or beerookie I beleive he runs pro...:devil

11-05-2002, 07:38 AM
Ask beerock or beerookie I beleive he runs pro...:devil
Yes I do race the pro class. I had to move to the pro class b/c i was lapping all of the other riders by about 5 laps in a 6 lap moto. And that was my first time racing. Now in the pro class i give them a headstart of 2 laps just to make it even.

Johnny_G
11-05-2002, 07:04 PM
man beerookie you must be super fast

You race nationals?????

Ever smoke J. Jones, or Doug gust???

LMFAO

that was pretty good beerookie!!!!

11-05-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Johnny_G
man beerookie you must be super fast

You race nationals?????

Ever smoke J. Jones, or Doug gust???

LMFAO

that was pretty good beerookie!!!!
Yes I am superfast. I do not have time for the nationals. And yes i smoke J.Jones and Doug gust all of the time. Maybe i will come to some GNCCs this year so you can bow down to me.:macho

tprender
11-05-2002, 08:30 PM
Just to let you know there are 2 different series
MX is the GNC
XC is the GNCC
I will leave it at that, for I can see that this is going nowere fast, but the you know what is getting deeper. And I have my good goods on.

11-05-2002, 09:05 PM
i see guys riding out of control but they go really fast but thier so close to crashing every second, sure they win but they will never be a A rider or pro, i have a practice track, i practice all the time my quad is better than my ability at this time, its probaly good enough for a midpack A rider, now all left to improve is me and as long as im motivated i will keep getting faster, i ride as smooth as i can and try to make few mistakes, i think with that style and with everything else i will get faster and faster as long as im motivated, i think anyone can be pro that really wants to but no one realizes how hard it is

Johnny_G
11-06-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Beerookie

Yes I am superfast. I do not have time for the nationals. And yes i smoke J.Jones and Doug gust all of the time. Maybe i will come to some GNCCs this year so you can bow down to me.:macho

See kiddies, here is a real life example of what drugs do to your brain.

JUST SAY NO!!!!!!

LMAO

Wow Beerookie you are out there man.

BadA$$440
11-06-2002, 11:15 AM
i totally agree with freeride.

Hey Jonny, how long did it take for you to ge to Pro class in GNCC? Youve been getting some good air time on the GNCC on OLN. Keep up the good work.

Oh ya, is the opening round at Rodman in Ocala, Florida?

MrP
11-06-2002, 11:34 AM
Thank God that beerookie doesnt have time for the GNC Nationals. If he did he would have J.J. and Doug shaking in their boots. Lay off the crack man!

Watch out Johnny, you wouldnt want to have to bow down.

11-06-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Beerookie

And yes i smoke J.Jones and Doug gust all of the time

Yeah your smokin em alright,,just not on the track nor does the smoking even have to do with quads or racing...:blah

PS...Beerookie you got some dirt on your knee's...:eek:

Ryan
11-06-2002, 01:21 PM
Beerookie, the only out smoking you might do is maybe on the crack pipe. By the way you said I bet my R is better than yours. I bet it is not as nice as Johnny's. Hey Johnny I didn't know you came to these fourms

Davids440ex
11-09-2002, 08:14 PM
to go pro i have one word of advice, KEEP IT PINNED!!!!

BigThumper33
11-10-2002, 09:16 PM
or 3.....lol

Davids440ex
11-11-2002, 12:36 AM
i meant three