PDA

View Full Version : airbox/airfilter

mod440ex
09-13-2007, 02:15 PM
what kind of airboxes, or airfilters are you guys running? Has anyone got the airbox from fuel atv, does it have an airbox lid or open? what kind of gains di you get?

feature05
09-13-2007, 02:28 PM
I want to get the fuelatv air intake kit, I just want to see some pics and hear some results of someone also who has it.

mod440ex
09-13-2007, 02:30 PM
yeah im kinda in the same boat. i want something and i remember him saying something about it, but i would like to see some numbers before i spend that much

feature05
09-13-2007, 02:33 PM
ditto

FUELATV
09-13-2007, 02:46 PM
The air box version is in the works. It will be about 4 more weeks. The air box eliminator version is done and shipping now. You will see big gains. We have put alot of testing into it. This is not just some deal that was slapped together. I am having photos shot for the website and they will be up in a week or so. Here are the dyno proven gains you WILL get

40 HP - Base line run with no air box lid and no baffle

46 HP - tunned with Dasa pipe, power commander and no air box lid

50 HP - tunned with Dasa pipe, power commander and FUELATV intake

We will post dyno sheets soon. The air box version will not have a lid.

mod440ex
09-13-2007, 04:50 PM
great gaines, will there be a lid ever available. i would just kinda prefer a lid fow what i ride. what kind of filter do u use. what will it cost

FUELATV
09-13-2007, 05:11 PM
yes the gains are great and we have a couple other bolt on items we are testing now that should make a couple more HP. I dont have plans for a lid, but i may send one of the air boxes to outerwear and have them make an outerwear top for it. Just not enough time in the day. Remember the outerwear that comes with my intake is water repellent. I think with a full box and water repellent outerwear it will hold up good to 95% of what you could through at it.

mod440ex
09-13-2007, 06:53 PM
cool! what are some of the other things or can you tell us. what does the one with the box and everything run?

kfxrules
09-15-2007, 12:41 PM
i bought an aftermarket air box off e bay from cfm_performance for 100 bucks and it holds a 4in clamp on uni filter and i can tell huge gains just by ridin. i can't argue with horsepower gains cause i haven't dynoed it or anything but it is something to consider if you do alot of nasty ridin and can't eliminate an air box.