PDA

View Full Version : two questions

jiffers
09-13-2007, 01:38 PM
one im stuck for a 416 head gasket for this weekend but have a standard one would 1mm across 87mm will make much difference

and what does the green wire do that goes from the reg/rec to the ignition switch as i have not had it conected for 2 years and need a new reg/rec

jiffers

dariusld
09-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by jiffers

and what does the green wire do that goes from the reg/rec to the ignition switch as i have not had it conected for 2 years and need a new reg/rec

jiffers Aren't all green wires grounds? How do you know it goes to the ignition switch? Can you actually see it go there?

jiffers
09-13-2007, 02:32 PM
earth wires are black in genral and yes it goes there done a contanuity test 0.03 ohms

dariusld
09-13-2007, 03:09 PM
My manual says it is a ground. Wouldn't you get continuity then, since it is a common ground ?

jiffers
09-13-2007, 03:22 PM
tested from one end to other
its got a live a earth 2 wires to the stator and 1 to the ignition the green one
on the wiring diag i have it says it goes the the pick up coil so a bit confuesed

dariusld
09-13-2007, 04:58 PM
I rechecked the wiring diagram. That wire goes to the "ignition control module". I don't know what its for or what it does, so sorry for wasting your time. It has something to do with the black/white wire, but I don't know what thats for either:rolleyes: