PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Residents - Please Read!!!

mxdad
09-13-2007, 10:21 AM
The Harford County council has introduced a bill to prohibit riding of any off road vehicle, go cart or ATV on any property 5 acres or less and limit the amount of riding on property larger than 5 acres. This bill will be pushed thru as fast as possible as it is backed by a few very wealthy individuals.

PLEASE PASS THIS LINK ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

http://www.ridinharford.org

Thanks for your Help.

Villageidiott83
09-13-2007, 10:59 AM
sounds like thats just making more uneeded nonsense work for police. and it also sounds like it will promote more riding on roads which is worse then riding on 5 or more acres of property. what the **** is wrong with people. do they just sit around wiping there asses with 100 dollar bills and decide to think up some dumb chit today. F ers.

Villageidiott83
09-13-2007, 11:01 AM
i would like to tell one of the rich individuals. OH YEAH by the way, im BANGING your daughter. peace!

TWISTED
09-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Is Hartford County near Baltimore??? If so, go to YouTube, and type in Dirt Bike Concerns. None of these clowns is helping the cause, unfortunately!!!!!

67mopar
09-13-2007, 01:16 PM
is this just for haryford county or are any other counties getting involved?

mod440ex
09-13-2007, 02:18 PM
i dont see how they can ban you from riding on you own land, whether you have .5 acre or 500 acres. its your land. thats a bunch of crap, i hope they dont let this happen:mad:

mxdad
09-14-2007, 04:55 AM
Yes HArf Co is near Baltimore but the riding in the streets is mostly a Balt City thing.

It is just Harford Co. now but it will snowball to other counties.

250rmike
09-17-2007, 10:52 AM
did my part thanks for letting us know. i saw your post in the maryland thread but didnt know what to do until you posted these addresses thanks and lets hope we get enough support andlets pray some of them accually ride

mxdad
09-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by 250rmike
did my part thanks for letting us know. i saw your post in the maryland thread but didnt know what to do until you posted these addresses thanks and lets hope we get enough support andlets pray some of them accually ride

Chad Shrodes has owned an atv since he was 11 and is with us in this fight but he stressed to me to keep fighting, keep emailing, show up to the meeting, etc... Thanks for doing your part!!!

250rmike
09-17-2007, 04:34 PM
i probably will not be able to make the meeting but where will it be held just in case i can i saw that it will be on oct. 9 at 6pm but where about is it going to be. hopefully alot of us can make it to help saw the sport in maryland where there are already so few places to ride anymore

mxdad
09-17-2007, 05:34 PM
There is a public hearing on October 9th @ 6pm at the Council Chambers at 212 South Bond Street, First Floor, Bel Air, MD. PLEASE ATTEND IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!!!

Which 450?
09-18-2007, 04:10 AM
IF you are a baltimore county resident, and you are transporting your quad, they can give you a $500 fine if you do not have the registration tag on it. Also, if you are riding you quad anywhere, without a tag, without written permission of the bike owner, the land owner of the land you are on, and anyone within 500 feet of you, you can also be cited more fines, each up to $500. You must carry consent on your person. Might I add that this county also has abotu half a dozen officers that ride the TRAILS to catch people riding. I can tell you some f'ed up crap about that also, but I'm sure I will get someone panties in a knot. I was at cycle world on pulaski the other day. They said that for every off road vehicle they sell, they must donate to the county for land for us to ride, when there is NO LAND FOR US TO RIDE!!! He said they are in the works of doing something about it, cant remember the exact wording though.

09-18-2007, 07:48 AM
i live in NY, thats close enough, but can i still ride in my pool?

250rmike
09-18-2007, 12:24 PM
stop posting ridiculous comments this is serious for us that live in maryland shut up and get out sorry mods but this is serious

mxdad
09-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes PLEASE let's keep this on topic. This is a very serious matter to me. Thanks in advance!!!

mxdad
09-22-2007, 06:08 PM
JUST WANTED TO GET THIS BACK TO THE TOP OF THE PAGE. PLEASE!!! ANYONE THAT READS THIS EMAIL THIS LINK TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

http://www.rideinharford.org

Which 450?
09-22-2007, 07:28 PM
If this petition works, I will have a whole new outlook on our government. So far in my life, I have seen rarely any citizen input ever looked at.

mxdad
09-23-2007, 04:42 AM
We are being heard!!! I have heard from three Council Members (Shrodes, Boniface & Guthrie) and they are agains the bill but we need four votes to kill the bill. Shrodes told me the other day he was receiving 1-2 emails a minute against this bill. We are spreading the word and keeping up the pressure. He was shocked at how many people we have rallied and how close of a community us atv riders are.

BUT WE STILL NEED TO KEEP UP THIS PRESSURE.

SPREAD THE WORD!!! http://www.rideinharford.org

THANKS!!!

mxdad
09-28-2007, 03:25 AM
Response has been great!!! There were over 13,600 signatures in the 1st week alone. The County Council is getting bombarded with emails, calls, etc... against this bill but we need to keep it up!!! Anyone in Harford County that hasn't signed, please sign now and anyone that knows anyone in Harf Co, please email them a link to http://www.rideinharford.org THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP!!!