PDA

View Full Version : Old CR250 Problem

Ryan
09-13-2007, 09:05 AM
I recently went upstate NY to a car show, and ran into a 1987 cr250r for $250.... All I was told, was it needed a new cdi box... However, the guy was tellin me it was getting spark.

I toke the plug off of it today and checked for spark... For the first 2 minutes, I wasn't gettin any spark... Then a few cranks, I got a little bit of spark...

The motor is in good shape... It has good compression, and a new carb. Im wondering if it is the CDI box? I still got a little bit of spark, a few times crankin it...

Any input on this? Anything else I can try for?

And where would I find a 1987 cr250 cdi box?

Jason Hall
09-13-2007, 03:57 PM
I have a 87 CR125 that would spark when ever it decided It wanted to. I called STATOR CORP (Dirt Cycle Salvage) In Conneticut, the guy on the phone gave me the OHM readings off the top of his head. I found one coil was bad. I sent them the stator & they rebuilt It for 90.00 with a 1 year warranty. I was In a hurry for It & told them I needed It quick, It only took 1 week total time from when I shipped It out. Those guys are awesome. PM me & I can get you the number.

Ryan
09-17-2007, 03:52 PM
I apreciate the help.... I may need a starter.... I am waiting for a paycheck before I Send it out to the shop... I will keep an update..

Thanks again.

86 Quad R
09-20-2007, 08:49 AM
before ya go to buying a buncha parts. get a manual and trouble shoot the electrical but, from what you desribe. it sounds like the CDI.