PDA

View Full Version : KTM 525 recall

MessinaRacePrep
09-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Anyone that owns a 525xc....

There is a VERY small part in the rear brake caliper that is failing. IT DOES NOT AFFECT PERFORMANCE OR OPERATION. However, KTM has sent the parts from Europe straight to the dealers for the fix.

bwamos
09-13-2007, 05:47 AM
Wow that was a quick recall.

Fixing it before it becomes a problem. That's a good sign on the customer service side. ;)

carnutvic
09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
With a small company like KTM,things get done a little quicker. I called the hq in ohio and got to talk with one of the guys in charge of development. I called him on the phone and left a message,he called back an hour later. We have been exchanging e-mails now about the quad.They are really serious about putting out the best sport quad money can buy. I am friends with Andy l., he is a contributor on this site and a top 10 gncc pro rider. He will be on Ktm next year if his deal works out. I hope they sign a top 5 mxer to campaign the new sx quad.. Its too bad that they are losing Mike Alessi to Suzuki next year.The latter part of the mx season he has been flying.

ccrider24
09-13-2007, 11:06 AM
So What's the story?? I Brought my trailer to work today to go and pick up my new 525, and called the dealer and he said I couldn't come and get it, Says there may be a caliper issue in the rear and Magura is doing some testing on the parts to see if it is an isolated incident or not, Very proactive on KTM's part, but that leaves me jonesing for my new QUAD!!! Please post any info on when this will be resolved as soon as you guys hear.

Thanks....CCRIDER

Supercup
09-13-2007, 01:40 PM
I saw the recall post last night so I emailed the dealer. They had received a "Do Not Sell" notice from KTM. They called KTM this morning and said we already did and the customer (me) wants to know when a fix is coming.

KTM told them to try and pick the quad up from me today and tell me not to ride it under any circumstances. The offered to come pick it up ASAP. The said they do not know when they will get a fix from KTM, but they are working on it.

Was headed riding tommorrow for the first ride, so I guess the first KTM ride will be on my Honda! Hope they get a fix soon.

JCM