PDA

View Full Version : Canaan NH this weekend

hungus07trx400
09-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Im probably going up to NH this weekend to ride again, just wanted to see if anyone else would wanna meet up saturday or sunday at rivers edge campground and atv park for some track time/trail riding. I'll either be in a silver frontier, a blue tahoe with trailer, or a black silverado with a trailer

hungus07trx400
09-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Come on you Granite staters! Live free or die!

Manch Vegas
09-16-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm waiting to go back up there till they get the third track done up on the hill

hungus07trx400
09-16-2007, 07:40 PM
They have 3 tracks, all are open.

Manch Vegas
09-17-2007, 03:58 PM
yessss, the supercross style one in front of the main office, then the one with the white fence around it (the more flat one) an then the kid track. They were talkin about doin one way behind the one in the front office way up on the grassy hill with some step ups an step downs, that's the one I'm waiting for, otherwise, just not enough there to be worth the drive.

hungus07trx400
09-18-2007, 07:58 AM
I didnt see anything back there, they must not have started it yet. Be sick if they did though, they could use a lot of the natural terrain. Where do you usually ride ?

Manch Vegas
09-18-2007, 05:26 PM
I ride all over the place, mostly trails, not many play areas left out there, legal ones anyway. i have a favorite spot where no one bugs me, but.. it's about an hour an a half away. Pm me an I can tell you about some places, there not close by but.. there within an hour an a halfs drive.

Manch Vegas
09-18-2007, 05:28 PM
they said (I called a few weeks back) that they were gonna start that track on the hill an hopefully have it done by fall. I will definitely be riding there this spring (since nothing else will be open) an maybe crow hill in MA. They used to allow quads but.. I think they only allow them now on race weekends or something.

RidinRed420
09-24-2007, 05:45 PM
I will be heading up there for Columbus Day(Oct 5th-8th). There will be either 5 or 6 of us. Never been there before, so I look forward to trying some place new out. We'll be staying at Rivers Edge... Maybe we'll see you up there?

hungus07trx400
09-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Probably I've been going up to Newport, NH to my house every weekend for the past month or so it seems. then heading up to canaan for at least one day. The tracks are good for practice, and the trails are pretty challenging. I just got back from Connecticut River motocross (Rocky Hill) for Quad day, and that was a blast. I hope they have at least one more before the season ends. When you're up there look for a silver Nissan Frontier with CT plates on it. The putz using ramps with no safety chains to get his quad on and off will be me.

RidinRed420
09-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Sweet man. I'll def. look out for ya - ramps with no chains can be fun to watch. :D

We're going up Friday night - Monday. It'll be me on my 300ex, a banshee, a 400ex, a KFX400 and a foreman or two.

How are the trails challenging? Are they rough? rocky? steep? off camber? muddy? rutted? tight twisties? or a mixture of all?

hungus07trx400
09-24-2007, 08:27 PM
lol definitely a mixture of all. I've only gone a little ways up the trails that you have to cross the road to get too, I don't have skids and the sound of all the rocks hammering my undercarriage was disheartening. I stick to the tracks usually and just meatball around on the flat spots near the tracks. I'm actually selling my 400 and getting an ltr450 to race next year, I have more fun on the tracks than the trails. Plus I've got a few utility quads if I really wanted to go bombing through the woods. And yes, i put on quite a display last weekend loading my machine up when I was done for the day. I think my left rear shot one ramp 15 feet behind my truck

03warriorrider
09-28-2007, 07:07 PM
hey guys glad to see others on here that go to rivers edge also. took a trip up there in august and had a blast. we brought up 10 atvs and a dirtbike and we're all deffinatley going again.

awsome place and awsome owners. had a great time.

RidinRed420
10-16-2007, 02:58 PM
hey i just wanted to say we got to go up there on Columbus Day weekend and we had a really great time.

I'm not a big track rider, but the smaller one was fun... the trails we pretty rough, and there wasn't much for trails, but that was still fun. we spent a better part of one day drag racing next to the bigger track, and we spent hours going from mud bog to mud bog. It was alot of fun. I wish I knew how to post pictures cause have alot, but oh well.

I will surely go back, not too often cause it is pretty small and I am a really big fan of trail riding... But we had a great time, even though it rained a bit. Its always nice to try out a new place!

03warriorrider
10-16-2007, 06:28 PM
i agree with the trails being rough. we tried the extreme trail and all i got to say is holy ****. i got high centered and stuck so many times (thank god for my PRM skids). the trails did get a little boring after a while but they just opened like 2 or 3 years ago so I'm sure the place is only going to get better.

we were also doing the drag racing next to the track out in front by the office. one of the workers came over and i thought he was going to tell us to stop or yell at us but he moved some of the fencing so we would have more room, just thought it was really cool that they were so chill about the drags.

i will definitely be going back and think they have a good thing going up there.