PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Case

STRAUBMAN
09-12-2007, 12:34 AM
hello,
kinda new to drx's, so far it runs great when its running, it an 07 50cc now converted to a 70cc. when i first got it, it wouldn't even pull a small uphill if my boy stopped in the middle, had to get clutch adjusted at my expense to ride around the house. next wouldn't start, took back to dealer and they tell me my cylinder wall is scored, i agree not a great stock air filter system, this is when i upgraded to a 70cc, put a malossi kit on, what a difference, this was probably my fault not knowing to upgrade air filter first thing. i have been learning alot by reading this forum!! next exhaust pipe broke off about an inch down from where it connects to cylinder. now it has been at the dealer for 3+ weeks because my gears are stripped and the case cracked. dealer has told me he has never seen a drx case cracked, other atvs yes but not on of these. apparently they are having trouble getting one because they tell me drx doesn't carry this part number anymore because they thought the cases were the same as the 90's so this part number got discontinued. they told me a week or so ago one was coming next day meaning next week from tawain!! i am beginning to think i got a lemon. this thing is a big headache, but when she is running i enjoy seeing the smile on my son's face!! did i mention it is only 4 months old!! any suggestions please help, i am about ready to get him a ktm dirtbike
thanks

bulldogfallon
09-12-2007, 05:08 AM
I have a new 50cc left crank case and all of the gears in stock

Have your dealer contact me and I will have them shipped out asap

Your experience sure is out of the ordinary

These 50s will outperform any other 50 on the market, so you can't knock them in that department.

What did you have to do to your clutch?

PM me your address please and your dealer's name and contact info please

bulldogfallon
09-12-2007, 05:10 AM
I also have a KTM dirtbike if you really want one

06 Mini Adventure 50....Less than 15 minutes run time.

My boy refuses to ride it

My loss somebaody's gain..

ecmini1
09-12-2007, 06:04 AM
Make sure you teach you little one to land with gas off or you will end up with the same problem. If need be you can beef the transmission up and prevent this from happening again. Give me a shout If interested.

Bulldog can get you fixed up on your DRR parts he is a great guy.

STRAUBMAN
09-12-2007, 10:32 AM
i guess i learned the hard way about getting him to lay off the gas when jumping. we are new to this!! i have been preaching to him but he hasn't had his quad to ride lately. but thanks to bulldog my dealer will have a case to put it back together. he went above and beyond, he contacted lou at drr and found out who was having the case problem, then lou contacted my dealer and then my dealer and bulldog hooked up so now my new case is in transit from fl to pa, should be running by the middle of next week. i have read alot on this drr forum but never posted anything, my mistake, if i would of posted something right when this happened i could of been back up and running by now!!

THANKS AGAIN BULLDOG

bulldogfallon
09-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Your welcome...

Any of the DRR dealers would have done the same thing if they had it in stock..

It just happens that I had this rarely needed part on my shelf.

Mini quads can be a pain at times, but the smiles on the kids faces make it all worth while!!

Keep on posting and share some pics of your rider in action

DRR Nation