PDA

View Full Version : DRR weekend ride

kenjolly
09-11-2007, 06:55 PM
What do you guys think about a drr owner and friends get together this winter when their isnt much going on. It would be a chance for our kids to just ride and some of us to meet. Their is a great place in north GA. with trails and mx tracks. It would be a little warmer for you northern boys.

Lets do something besides just race,fun for the family. bring all your toys.

What do you think,maybe invite Lou and DRR

stoneman
09-11-2007, 08:02 PM
we already have a cabin rented for a week after xmas at Durhamtown Plantation in Union Point,Ga.
My son rides a 2006 90cc drr

dirttrack86
09-11-2007, 08:59 PM
sounds good to me.:)

bulldogfallon
09-11-2007, 09:22 PM
I'll go as long as none of those NEATV guys show up!!! :)

They are insane!!! I think they want to do bad things to me!!

It is like they all have some sort of mental tie....

I have had 3 of them calling me at one time....Land lines, cell lines....I couldn't escape....

They all call the same day and want everything shipped overnight

They scare me :) :)

I hear that there may be more than 1 surpise up that way this weekend

See...they all share their secrets with me, but I don't tell anyone else.......I just sit back and watch for the next Monday when they all try to get the edge on the other one

Not sure if it is more funny or more scary!! :) :)

Great bunch of guys though

Andyman17dad
09-12-2007, 05:34 AM
:D If your scared now, you should come up and see us all in person! :rolleyes:

Rcarroll
09-12-2007, 05:36 AM
Sounds good to me keep us posted. When and where

ecmini1
09-12-2007, 05:52 AM
I am personal friends with the owner of the ATV Motoplex park in N. Fla I could set a date and see if he could do a day or weekend just for us. He has told me any time I want to hold a mini race there Im more than welcome. I also can have it in S. GA aswell at dirtfarm aswell. Let me know if I can help.

Ken this was a great Idea. We all talk about getting together lets do it.

Links.
http://floridaatvmotoplex.com/
http://www.powersportz.com/Dirtfarm.htm

jetmedic
09-12-2007, 06:10 AM
there are suprises around every corner on race weekends up here. there is no doubt a few of us will travel to warmer climates this winter to ride. I truly hope we can all get together. Gary just come up we have a place for you to stay. We will go easy on you.

ecmini1
09-12-2007, 07:05 AM
You guys need to go easy on my little buddy.

In originaly from up state NY right down the road from NACs . I know the cold winters you all have. We love to visit now during the summer. Love to have you all come down.

Andyman17dad
09-12-2007, 07:10 AM
oh we are very easy on him, I think he is already getting his early retirement plans together thanks to us!!

Where in upstate NY? I am about 15 min east of Albany.

This warm weather ride sounds awesome!!

hotquads1
09-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Sounds good to me , tell us and when and where , and we will make some plans . Meanwhile , what do you think of a new Thread to post pictures of everyone's kids we here so much about
not action pics but pics with no helmet, beside their quad something like that, what do you think ?
marc

ecmini1
09-12-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Andyman17dad
oh we are very easy on him, I think he is already getting his early retirement plans together thanks to us!!

Where in upstate NY? I am about 15 min east of Albany.

This warm weather ride sounds awesome!!

From a town called Fleishmanns NY. Small ski resort town. Up rt 28 from Kingston. Not far from you by the sounds. Use to go to unadilla alot as a kid. I do miss the moutains.

Thanks

kenjolly
09-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Well lets start buy picking a place, my vote would be for durham town,N Ga.

Anytime in early Dec or Jan,

i dont know of any other places that offer as much, and still somewhat close to all.

hotquads1
09-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Durham tn sound good to me , do they have rv hook-ups ? My guess is there will be alot of busy people in DEC so Jan might have a better turn out.
Marc

bulldogfallon
09-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Lots of races here in Dec Ken

Seminole MX has 1 race and 1 2 race weekend in Dec

How about January?

kenjolly
09-12-2007, 10:03 AM
I will double ck but i think they have hook ups or cabins for rent.

http://www.durhamtown.com/index.htm

i emailed them for more info.

dblacks
09-12-2007, 10:18 AM
I have been busy tinkering with the stuff out of that big box I had overnighted up here and am just seeing this thread, lol

sorry to call you on your home phone gary but your cell was busy and I needed the stuff right away, sorry to wake your wife up, I know 5:00 am on a monday is early for some but not us at NEATV

come join us for a weekend and join in on the fun, mandatory tear down for our 50 class this weekend. We got extra beds and always have plenty of food. you think we go over board ont he quads, you should see the spread the ladies put out on the dinner table..

Back on topic, it would be great to join in but we will have to wait till next year at Lorrettas

Nichols Atvs
09-12-2007, 10:29 AM
dblacks

you better get busy you got alot of work ahead of you.

kenjolly
09-12-2007, 01:18 PM
why dont we make this a mini quad weekend not just drr,even invite the apex and cobra people. i ll bring some beer you bring the tranny parts, im sorry lord forgive me for that one.

wvspeedfreak
09-12-2007, 04:19 PM
If I show up with a Kasea will you guys still talk to me :p

We have been wanting to go to Durhamtown for a while now.

dirttrack86
09-12-2007, 07:26 PM
N. GA. in Ja. sounds good to me. Is it ok if I bring the Zuki(aka drx) and the cobra?:)

kenjolly
09-14-2007, 06:41 AM
they have cabins,30 and 50 amp hook ups and primative camping. all this info is on their web page under lodging and they do recommend we make reservations with a large group. everybody start checking their schedules and lets come up with some dates.

what about going around Jan 1 all our kids should still be on christmas vacation.

jetmedic
09-14-2007, 09:33 AM
My schedule revolves around racing. Whatever is planned will be cancelled due to racing or riding. this goes for birhtdays,weddings,aniverseries etc.

dblacks
09-14-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by jetmedic
My schedule revolves around racing. Whatever is planned will be cancelled due to racing or riding. this goes for birhtdays,weddings,aniverseries etc.

so I take it you guys are on your families chit list like most of us then.......

kenjolly
09-14-2007, 10:08 AM
This ride will help all of our home lives, and give our wives time to meet and talk bad about us. I just want to ride and not worry about points for 1 weekend and all the drama that comes with it.

stoneman
09-14-2007, 08:25 PM
I will be at Dp the entire week after xmas. This will be our 5th annual trip.
This place is very kid/family friendly. Nice wide, groomed, one way, hard packed trails. Also several tracks and a kid only track.
My 6yr old rode the wheels off his lt50 last yr. You cant go wrong here.

2001 Scrambler 500
DRR 90cc
CRF150R
KX500
2 Honda Pilots

wvspeedfreak
09-19-2007, 06:22 PM
If we can get some definate dates.I will mark it on my calendar.

WOLFPACK
09-22-2007, 07:12 AM
School resumes on January 7th here.

We can be there the 3rd.

I'm bringing the kid and the wife and the 450.

kenjolly
09-23-2007, 05:22 PM
I think we all agree that durham town is the place.

Sounds to me like we need to go around Dec 28- Jan 5th,post some ideas to when.

They have full 30 and 50 amp hook ups, Cabins and camping.

I know our world's revolve around racing , but their shouldnt be much going on that week.

I also want everyone to know they are invited,this is about meeting each other and our families getting together and having a great time. I look forward to meeting the people I chat with daily and try not to tear up to many motors doing this. I dont want those who can rebuild them doing it all day.

So let me here from you on some dates,lets not let this idea slip away.

dirttrack86
09-23-2007, 05:47 PM
How about the weekend of 28-31. Most all kids are out of school that weekend, and several parents will probably be off because of new year holiday. Otherwise, all parents will have to burn a vacation day. Just a suggestion, either weekend is fine with me.:)

P.S. what is the weather like there at that time of year?

kenjolly
09-23-2007, 06:01 PM
The weather can be in the 30's but more like the 60's.

those are some good dates as far as being off from school and work.

WOLFPACK
09-24-2007, 06:43 AM
We can do 3,4,5,6.

kenjolly
09-24-2007, 07:24 AM
Keep the dates coming, and we can go with majority. OK

Remember we dont all have to be their at the same time.

kenjolly
10-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Keep some dates coming, lets not let this slip away.

dirttrack86
10-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Ok, I got a date. Cameron Diaz. HAHAHAHAHAHAH. LOL.:D

kenjolly
10-04-2007, 06:39 PM
you must have gotten in you grand daddy's moonshine.