PDA

View Full Version : ok wow..

Punk'd
09-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Our can am rep is telling us January now??

450raider
09-14-2007, 10:41 AM
well i was about to post to ask if their out yet, but my guess is they go from west to east then if you say jan. for missouri then it could be feb. for tennessee and iv got a friend that may get one (either that or a kawi) the idea being were gonna start a canam/kawi posse to combat the current hon. zuke posses around here and its possible since we finally have a canam dealer now (new shop, same ole retards:rolleyes: but its all good give some, take some)

feature05
09-14-2007, 10:44 PM
(new shop, same ole retards:rolleyes: but its all good give some, take some)

dude that last line made me laugh my *** off. hahahahaha

ScottB125
09-15-2007, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by feature05
(new shop, same ole retards:rolleyes: but its all good give some, take some)

dude that last line made me laugh my *** off. hahahahaha

Off topic here, but I was in El Paso this summer and remember seeing a large building/factory with the BRP logo on the side. At the time, I couldn't think of where I had seen the logo, so I dismissed it.

Any idea what it is?

feature05
09-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Yeah, that was a dealership (Mr. Motorcycle). They have BRP, KTM, Yama, Honda, Suzki, and Polaris. There pretty good.

450raider
09-16-2007, 10:11 AM
yeah well by that i meant theres a local honda place thats been around forever and the idiots who own it have no idea what theyre doing and they hire almost anybody and believe me its a task just to go for oil, filters, sparkplugs ect. and i dont think id take a da** bicycle there to get fixed and now anyway they have canams now and when i went in i asked about the ds450 and seriously all i got was "its got efi" and "theyre also making a more expensive black one" which helped me in no way so thats what that comment was about.

Punk'd
09-19-2007, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by 450raider
well i was about to post to ask if their out yet, but my guess is they go from west to east then if you say jan. for missouri then it could be feb. for tennessee

Yeah man who knows.. They keep changing it on me.

I just need to keep getting my hopes up on the date they tell me because its diffrent every week. All I know is im #1 on the list when they do come in.

Im also starting to get the impression that something is wrong with them and they are trying to get all the bugs worked out.. Why else would this date be getting pushed back and back..??

Guess Ill just ride the 450r until it comes in!

ThePhantomRider
09-19-2007, 08:28 AM
What's going on is they made enough units to satisfy homoglination (SP?) rules to qualify to run for next year's WPSA and ATVA series and to get units into the hands of the Epic/Can-Am X-team as well as aftermarket manufacturers so there will be a large selection of aftermarket parts ready to go.

Also they want to get a large number of production units off the new assembly line and ensure they are of the same quality of the hand built units for the said demo and race team bikes.

This way when they do a mass release there will not be as bad of a shortage as usually seen with new releases and the premium prices some dealers charge for exclusivity. Not to say some dealers still won't do it, they just want to make sure there are more than the normal amount of first run units available.

Don't worry, the race team has spent hundreds of hours already beating this thing to find out if there are any first year flaws and have yet to find anything causing a major correction.

TPR

Punk'd
09-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Well they need to hurry up:p

I find it hard to believe that it will take them all the until January before they start releasing them. Christmas is coming up and if they were smart they'd release them beforehand:D

I just like making myself feel better about this dreadful waiting game!