PDA

View Full Version : Parking Brake Block Off

GTRider256
09-11-2007, 05:14 PM
I had posted a thread awile ago about what I had to do with the lever where the parking brake went to. I started taking the rear caliper apart and theres alot more going on than what I thought. My question is what exactly do I have to do to the rear caliper. I already have a LSR Block Off Plate

Rip_Tear
09-11-2007, 06:23 PM
I don't think you have to do anything... just take the parking brake off and put the plate there...?

CarGuy7a
09-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
I don't think you have to do anything... just take the parking brake off and put the plate there...?

^^^^ that's all that you have to do.

09-11-2007, 07:53 PM
I have a block off plate but I still am yet to figure out what brand. It has etched WB in it. whitebros doesnt make pb block offs that i know of. what brand is it? not a big deal i am just curious

Farabomb
09-11-2007, 09:21 PM
I just removed the 2 bolts holding the parking brake assembly on and put on the plate. Then figured out how to remove the cable and zip tie the brake thingy on the lever so it wouldn't bounce around. Pretty simple.

miller821
09-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
I have a block off plate but I still am yet to figure out what brand. It has etched WB in it. whitebros doesnt make pb block offs that i know of. what brand is it? not a big deal i am just curious

They do, thats what mine is.

AtvMxRider
09-12-2007, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider

It's a White Bros I have one myself

04TRX400EX
09-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Farabomb
I just removed the 2 bolts holding the parking brake assembly on and put on the plate. Then figured out how to remove the cable and zip tie the brake thingy on the lever so it wouldn't bounce around. Pretty simple.

Pretty much what he said -- you simply unscrew the two screws holding the parking brake assembly onto the back side (towards the middle of the swingarm side) of the rear brake and install the block-off plate in its place. If you want, replace the clutch cable with an aftermarket unit for ASV or others to clean up you handlebars and controls.

Here's a picture of the block-off installed. Mine's a Tusk.

04TRX400EX
09-12-2007, 10:51 PM
Here's a picture of what an aftermarket clutch lever does for your bars as well. Gets rid of the bulky stock unit.

Farabomb
09-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Is that an ASV lever? I was considering one but I cheaped out and got a MSR one. Hope that wasn't a mistake. :)

tanner 222
09-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by GTRider256
I had posted a thread awile ago about what I had to do with the lever where the parking brake went to. I started taking the rear caliper apart and theres alot more going on than what I thought. My question is what exactly do I have to do to the rear caliper. I already have a LSR Block Off Plate

i had the same problem. all i did was took a hack saw and cut some of the little rod that presses the pad in and then you're all set. was that the problem you were having? troubles fitting the cover over the rod?

GTRider256
09-13-2007, 02:45 PM
I just wasn't sure if when I take the two bolts out what all comes off with the two bolts

CarGuy7a
09-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by tanner 222
i had the same problem. all i did was took a hack saw and cut some of the little rod that presses the pad in and then you're all set. was that the problem you were having? troubles fitting the cover over the rod?

mine worked just fine without cutting anything. i put it on the same time i put new pads on too. i think i did hear you run into some problems with that when you use HD pads.

04TRX400EX
09-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Farabomb
Is that an ASV lever? I was considering one but I cheaped out and got a MSR one. Hope that wasn't a mistake. :)

Yup, it is an ASV F3 clutch lever. I like it a lot - adjustable reach, feels good in my hand, bends back on itself so it won't break if I roll my quad. I need to get the matching brake lever now.

I know what you're saying about the MSR. I was contemplating whether $65 for a lever was worth it but oh well. Everything for quads costs more money than it should :D

j450rking
09-14-2007, 05:33 AM
i got the msr aof one and i think for the price it's the best one you can get. but now i can't use it b/c i have a hydro clutch and that is a alot better the anything you will get