PDA

View Full Version : blue needle red needle??

bossman525
09-11-2007, 03:47 PM
when do you guys take out the red needle and go to the blue needle? i have been riding with the red needle 5th clip position in around 60 to 65 degree weather and it seems to bog real bad off idle and when i shift gears. should i raise the clip on the red needle to lean out the mid range or go to the blue needle? my elevation is around 500 feet. i pulled my plug and it is a tad darker but that bog has me baffled. just wanting to see what you guys do, and when you guys swap out your needles. also have the 165 main

eerhard09
09-11-2007, 06:57 PM
The red needle is the leaner needle. You said the plug is darker, have you dropped a new on in to see if it is running lean? You will not be able to tell if you are using an old plug. What elevation are you at? And, what main are you running?

Evasiveone
09-11-2007, 08:04 PM
When I first got my 525 in February the temperature was in the teens and single digits. This was when I ran the blue needle. When the temperature hit the 30's is when I switched to the red needle 5th clip. You might try the 4th clip down on the red needle till it gets a little cooler, mine was also bogging down on the 5th clip.