PDA

View Full Version : dynojet kits?

bcg717
09-11-2007, 03:45 PM
I've read on here about some people saying dont get the dynojet kit. What is wrong with them? I was just wondering b/c my parents got me a hmf slip on for my bday and my girlfriend got me a dynojet kit. I'm just curious about it before i install them. Thanks

dariusld
09-11-2007, 03:51 PM
I think people think its cheaper to buy individual jets, instead of a whole kit:confused: I had a quad with one and one without. Both ran the same.

09-11-2007, 04:11 PM
jets for the most part are the exact same. the only variation would be an adapter. I like having a kit better than buying individual jets due to the fact what if you change something or get the wrong size. Then you have to go out an order another and hope its right. Or you buy a kit and always have every jet you possibly need :) my brother has dynojet and thats the brand I am going with too. They know their stuff.

09-11-2007, 04:48 PM
read all of the faq on jets and jetting on this site...
http://www.jetsrus.com/main_page.htm

gcart2
09-11-2007, 05:16 PM
i have dyno jets in mine.. simple and easy. and ny 400 has outperformed every 400 i have raced.

hornetgod13
09-11-2007, 05:17 PM
I had a Dynojet kit for a while on my quad and eventally went back to standard keihin jets and a 2004 keihin adjustable needle. I find it easier to share jetting set ups with keihin jets. Dynojet and keihin jets have different numbering and sizes. I ended up selling the used kit for $35.00.

CarGuy7a
09-11-2007, 07:33 PM
if you have the kit though, run it, i've never had any problems out of mine. just follow the instructions.

it's mostly just a personal preference really.

09-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Quick question about dyno jets. Ok in the intruction sheet it has stage 1 and stage 2. Stage 1 says for aftermarket or stock airfilter and stock or aftermarket exhaust.. Stage 2 says aftermarket airfilter with the airbox lid removed and an aftermarket exhaust. Ok so I want to run my K&N with out an airbox lid and the stock exhaust for now. I see what jet sizes to use for the K&N filter but what about also removing the airbox lid? Should I just go the next size up or?

WFO400
09-11-2007, 08:57 PM
If your using the stock exhaust I would go with the stage 1 recomendations. And I wouldn't run with no lid on your airbox while using stock exhaust. It does work, but I didn't see any improvement until I put on an HMF slip on. And you will need way fewer air filter cleanings as well. But hey go ahead and try it, it wont hurt anything, but it won't improve anything either!

09-11-2007, 09:14 PM
well wouldnt just k&n, jetted carb and a stock exhaust run better and have more performance then stock airfilter, stock jets, and stock exhaust?

WFO400
09-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
well wouldnt just k&n, jetted carb and a stock exhaust run better and have more performance then stock airfilter, stock jets, and stock exhaust?

Yeah probably, but that stock pipe is so plugged up that you can only get so much out of it.

09-12-2007, 05:13 PM
true