PDA

View Full Version : cobra supercharger

c450Razy
09-11-2007, 01:54 PM
does anyone know for sure if the 03 cobra Eaton M112 supercharger will fit on a 97 cobra? I know that there both the 32V 4.6 and wasnt sure if the 03 would fit or not?

ZBlaster
09-11-2007, 11:01 PM
It will be more trouble then its worth in the long run... you can make it work and get some nice gains, but IMO youd be better off with a centrifugal like a Vortech S Trim, or a Paxton setup... easier, more gains then the stock cobra charger, and you get a kit with everything needed.

mineralgrey01gt
09-12-2007, 12:09 AM
probably cheaper just to go with a centrifugal charger. That swap will nickel and dime you to death

c450Razy
09-12-2007, 01:40 PM
thats what i kind of figured...

jrspawn
09-12-2007, 09:29 PM
S trim all the way!!!:devil: I have a 97 cobra also with an s trim setup on it. It puts out some rediculus power for s trim. What type of mods do you have done engine wise? I have a pretty crazy built eninge and it puts some sick numbers down. But i know even on the stock DOHC 32V engines the standard s trim setup with your basic recomended add ons pushes about 500hp.

Make sure you dont skimp on the fuel system and tune though. Get a good pump(a 255 High Preasure in tank will work... but theres always better) injectors and meter for the range your wanting to be in, and last but not least at all, have it tuned properly. Whether it be through a SCT( or other chips) dealer/tuner or using another tuning setup, these blown cars can be a nightmare being out of tune.

Thank you
Justin