PDA

View Full Version : Gthunder Warning!!! Read

mx86250R
09-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Alright I am sick and tired of getting the gosh damn shaft from GTHUNDER!! The first complaint i have with them is when i sent my rear shock to them...well it came back and it looked good but when i rode it, it was way stiff! ask 1sickr450! so i asked if they would send me another spring since the one they had on was way too stiff they said it'd cost me like 50 bucks and i was like well okay i think we should just exchange and call it fair well they said no so i said alright nevermind ill just save it for another day. Then i blew my motor up and installed a CP piston and hot cams..and had GThunder remap it..well i go to pick it up a few days later and they said somethings wrong with the motor because it's pulling lower #'s than stock so im like WTF? i ask laz what he thought it might be and all he did was look at me for about 10 delayed seconds and then said I dont have any idea...so again i just sweat it off and load it up and ride the thing...(it was 155 to remap it) well i get it back and it runs good enough to ride so i ride it...well a couple weeks went by and the dang thing took a crap AGAIN so at this point im so sick of this ltr i would give it away so i called Gthunder up and ask them to fix it so i took it there and they said they'd have it back in a week or so...well 3 days goes by and they call back saying" we need the 9v battery plug in" well mine was destroyed due to vibration so they ordered another one...30 dollars...3 days later they call me "your powercommander is bad and needs replaced" so im like greattt there went 300 bucks down the drain and 30 bucks on the stupid arse adapter and over a week of time gone...so im like get me an estimate on how much it would be to get a new PC3, the adapter piece, remap, and a new rear spring(i told them NOT to install it)...well Tawyna or w/e her name is calls me the next day saying it'll be 850 bucks to fix it!! I was just like are you serious? I asked why it was so much and she said new PC3 - 350 adapter- 30 and plus the labor so im like WHAT? I told her then to fax me a VERY DETAILED estimate so my father could look at it..well he receives it( 3 days later) and it says PC3-350 adapter-30 labor-440 and on the bottom it says electrical unit needs replacing(pc3)...This whole time ive talked to Tawyna WHOS A FREAKING IDIOT!!! i know laz is busy but i want to talk to someone who knows WTF their talking about especially when dealing with this much money!! So I'm like F IT JUST FIX THE DANG THING!!! well today at school she calls me and she says its ready to pick up( it's been 2 weeks ) so that made my day a little better...but then i asked for dyno sheets to post and she said well you never wanted it dyno'ed and remapped and i was like YES I DID!!! and she was like ...no...you didn't and by this time im ready to snap because HOW is it 850 to get a new PC3 and install it w/o mapping it? and then she tells me they went ahead and put the new rear spring on and that cost me 95 bucks!!! WHEN i said DO NOT INSTALL the spring I'LL DO IT!!! OMG!!! GTHUNDER IS THE BIGGEST JOKE IN THE F'ING WORLD!!!!!!!!!! NEVER WILL THEY GET MY BUSINESS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never trust a fence jumper!! NOW I have a junk power commander, an extra adapter, 2 weeks of time wasted, and 1000 bucks gone JUST to get a rear spring, new PC3 and a remap...i was looking to spend no more than 600-700 bucks for this...i got bent over BIG TIME!!!

Jersey450R
09-11-2007, 01:08 PM
ur gunna get the boot man..

quad2xtreme
09-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Why would he get booted?

mx86250R
09-11-2007, 01:16 PM
If i get the boot for showing how much crap i've been through than that's fine! I'm just trying to help you guys out and try to make you avoid what i've been through!

gbcap
09-11-2007, 01:16 PM
why is he getting the boot? voicing his opinion??

54warrior
09-11-2007, 01:17 PM
In before thread is locked.

54warrior
09-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by gbcap
why is he getting the boot? voicing his opinion??

No, for voicing his opinion in an immature, disrespectful manner. Using curse words and calling people names.

mx86250R
09-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Alright i went through and changed some of the words of anger..Happy?

wilkin250r
09-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior
No, for voicing his opinion in an immature, disrespectful manner. Using curse words and calling people names.

Naw. The spelling and punctuation are so bad, none of the mods are going to bother to read the whole thing anyways...

400EXtreme
09-11-2007, 01:30 PM
reminds me of something my dealer would do.

mx86250R
09-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Sorry I didn't take the extra time to make the grammar perfect :confused:

Laz is a very smart man and one of the best known in our industry but to do this to me isn't right! Hopefully things will get cleared up, but I'm not holding my breath like I used to with them. I'd be a goner!

GPracer2500
09-11-2007, 02:14 PM
The problem with threads like this is there are two sides to every story. No matter how adamantly the customer insists there's nothing being left out or added, there ALWAYS another side to the story. I've read plenty of "such and such shop screwed me" threads on the Internet and sometimes it's funny when the other party comes in and and tells there side of things. All of a sudden the picture starts shaping up differently.

I don't know what went on here. Hearing the vent of a dissatisfied person doesn't really tell me much. So I can't really give such threads any weight.

And it doesn't help that the OP is very hard to read. Extra time to make the grammar perfect? Gimme a break. Even a tiny effort in using paragraphs and punctuation will go surprisingly far in helping your Internet credibility.

Pipeless416
09-11-2007, 02:46 PM
the famous quote comes to mind.."fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me."

derekhonda
09-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
the famous quote comes to mind.."fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me."

Thinkin the same thing here. Hell i just switched banks cause i had a micellaneous 13 dollar charge they couldn't explain to me and took about 10 minutes of my time on the phone. You shoulda stopped when you were only a little behind.

MOFO
09-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Naw. The spelling and punctuation are so bad, none of the mods are going to bother to read the whole thing anyways...

:devil: You read my mind...

Also, anyone who might try to read this, I would hope they consider the source and education level of the OP.

Pappy
09-12-2007, 02:06 PM
thread opened at request of one of the parties.

whiteboycustom
09-12-2007, 02:16 PM
i would like to see gt thunders side of this,

and negative reviews on a company is good but dont degrade them and insult them, post the issue and what happened and the outcome but dont talk down on them when they cant defend thereself

anyways cough go honda cough

mx86250R
09-12-2007, 03:57 PM
This issue was resolved

250R-Dee
09-12-2007, 08:16 PM
How was it resolved! Please give us some more information!!

mx86250R
09-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Long story short there was more work to be done than I thought the estimate stated.

400exrider707
09-13-2007, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
thread opened at request of one of the parties.

Nice.... cant wait to hear Laz's side.:o

Jersey450R
09-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by mx86250R
Long story short there was more work to be done than I thought the estimate stated.

always read the fine print! :D :)

aroracer72
09-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Sounds like the phone operator was causing all the problems. It does happen, but then again thats why i do all engine and quad work myself........that way you know whats being done and no funny buisness.
Chad