PDA

View Full Version : Lights??

Special Ed
10-30-2002, 04:40 PM
When i do finally get my 300 EX i want to take the light and the plastic handle bar cover off...but have one question...what could i do for a light? When i was at the Albany Sand dunes this guy had a small fog light on the bar that goes across the fram right under the front plastic close to the bumper...pretty good idea, but it only cast light right in front of it....yall have any pics of where yall have your lights?

HiperEX
10-30-2002, 08:47 PM
Hey i took the light off my 300 since i rolled it powerslidin around a corn 4th gear half throttle tire caught a lill bump and boom i went flying i took it off and got 2 small round fog lights there pretty cool they shine yellow i mounted them on where the headlight used to be mounted to the steering stem thing where there bar clamps are u will know what i mean when u hook it up
i cut the old light thing off and there are 3 wires there adn i had one free wire so i just put a wire cap thing one there with some silicone and hooked the lights up to the other ran both sets of wire from each light to there it works pretty good but u wont be able to have high anf low beam like the stock light, i would mount them up where i have mine i tried doing it under the fenders light u were saying but it looked ugly and not all the light shined ahead it would hit the bumper and that stuff down there id say mount them on the handlebars wher ethe old light mounted on and u wont be able to have the reverse and nuetral light unless u drilled holes and poped them into there i relocated my key on the right side just ahead of the gas tank hope this helps ya do u have msn or anything so maybe we can talk quicker adn maybe ill help ya out if u dont understand all the things i said thanks

GT300
11-01-2002, 04:14 PM
They are extremely bright and cost around 130 shipped. If you do any night riding I wouldn't choose anything else. Here is a picture of them on sparky416ex's 300.

skinrider440
11-01-2002, 04:20 PM
can to put the trailtech lites on if you have fatbars or will the pad be in the way?

phatswinn
11-02-2002, 05:12 PM
or go to wal-mart and spend 10 bucks on a light