PDA

View Full Version : Look at this Bumper !!! OUCH !!!

NeverLiftRacing
09-10-2007, 11:56 PM
do you guys think that this bumper should be race track safe? i got into an accident with another quad and this is what happened to the bumper on mine and the tire on the other quad.

NeverLiftRacing
09-10-2007, 11:58 PM
and the other quad...

NeverLiftRacing
09-11-2007, 12:00 AM
the edges where all the welds are on this bumper are razor sharp now and could really get someone hurt in my opinion. the hole in the tire is big enough for 3 of my fingers easy and you can see what it did to the wheel.

what do you all you guys and gals think of this???

NeverLiftRacing
09-11-2007, 12:02 AM
look at these edges... ouch...

mephyst
09-11-2007, 01:39 AM
The bumper looks like it did its job well... You wouldn't want a bumper that held up perfectly would you? The release of energy has to go somewhere... so it could have messed up your frame/a arms/YOU? A bumper is a lot cheaper.

Get what I'm sayin? :D

450rJam
09-11-2007, 04:49 AM
I agree, look at your frame/a arms and the fact that your on here typing instead of laying in the hospital.

good bumper, it did its job perfect (hang it up in the garage for conversations)

GPracer2500
09-11-2007, 04:56 AM
Perhaps I'm mistaken....but I don't think NeverLiftRacing is saying his bumper shouldn't have given way to the force and sacrificed itself. I think he's saying it ideally should sacrifice itself without becoming an additional potential hazard of sharp, stabbing, cutting edges. And I'd have to agree with that. If I hit something and my bumper absorbs the impact instead of my frame--great. But I don't want the bumper to turn into knives and spears in the process.

What if you get thrown over the front and then the quad runs you down or something along those lines? Yikes.

chris46250r
09-11-2007, 05:16 AM
Quad racing itself is a big "what if" in my opinion. If I worried about the what if's and could've happened's I would have never raced one.

<DRS>GPF
09-11-2007, 06:09 AM
thatll buff out..:D

jcv400ex
09-11-2007, 09:11 AM
it would concern me looking at your pictures. Not everyone thinks that way when they buy something, and then the worst happens and it's a battle in the courts.....happens all the time.

Your okay in asking the question, I'm sure you've brought some attention to this and rightfully so. Someone might have second thoughts about purchasing the bumper for that reason. And like someone else said, its not that the bumper didn't do the job, it did. But as a result, it turned into something that could potentially stab someone if the quad was tumbling towards a rider.

Pipeless416
09-11-2007, 09:21 AM
your hood is dead.. :( . anyway, i would replace it. sometimes those "what ifs" turn into tragedies. theres no sense in putting yourself or others in danger. as for the hood, super glue! :macho

54warrior
09-11-2007, 12:07 PM
I've felt those Blingstar Iron Cross bumpers looked dangerous from the minute that I saw them. Sure they look "OK", but adding UN-NECESSARY sharp corners on parts (even before it was bent/broke there was an extremely sharp corner) is ridiculous and a safety issue in my opinion.

Same goes for ones like I show below, it's like having another handlebar sticking out there to stick yourself, or another rider with in a crash.

For those reasons, you will never see one like that on any of my machines.

http://www.proarmor.com/store/images/Racing%20Bumper_lores.jpg
http://www.proarmor.com/store/images/Dominator%20Bumper_lores.jpg

An example of a "more safe" bumper:

http://www.proarmor.com/store/images/Pro%20MX%20Bumper_lores.jpg

Flynbryan19
09-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior
I've felt those Blingstar Iron Cross bumpers looked dangerous from the minute that I saw them. Sure they look "OK", but adding UN-NECESSARY sharp corners on parts (even before it was bent/broke there was an extremely sharp corner) is ridiculous and a safety issue in my opinion.

Same goes for ones like I show below, it's like having another handlebar sticking out there to stick yourself, or another rider with in a crash.

For those reasons, you will never see one like that on any of my machines.

http://www.proarmor.com/store/images/Racing%20Bumper_lores.jpg
http://www.proarmor.com/store/images/Dominator%20Bumper_lores.jpg

An example of a "more safe" bumper:

http://www.proarmor.com/store/images/Pro%20MX%20Bumper_lores.jpg

I had the Bull Horn bumper shown above. When I crunched it the horn took out the schrieder valve on my shocks and spewed fluid and nitrogen everywhere. From now on I'll have a bumper more like the last pic.

NPelletier
09-11-2007, 01:06 PM
personally.....that bumper should fold like that by ghitting a tire....im you cased a dowuble and you rolled it, ide hope it looks like that, but hitting a tire doesnt seem like sometihng that should do that much damage

honduh440
09-11-2007, 06:40 PM
i guess next time so that u dont have to go back to camp you will keep a tie down in your air box :cool: :cool:

derekhonda
09-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
it would concern me looking at your pictures. Not everyone thinks that way when they buy something, and then the worst happens and it's a battle in the courts.....happens all the time.

Your okay in asking the question, I'm sure you've brought some attention to this and rightfully so. Someone might have second thoughts about purchasing the bumper for that reason. And like someone else said, its not that the bumper didn't do the job, it did. But as a result, it turned into something that could potentially stab someone if the quad was tumbling towards a rider.

Thats kind of what i was thinking when i looked at it. What if this happened at a race, and the quad was still rideable. Hate to be the spectator that gets stabbed later on down the race.

07250ex
09-11-2007, 06:49 PM
uhhm you cant stop the way the metals going to bend and crack the "safest bumper" as you guys say could be bent into a threat as well

250rmike
09-11-2007, 07:42 PM
there not saying that what they are saying is the the angels used to make this bumper could become hazardous in a crash. it will take alot less to break the welds on the edges of that bumper and make it dangerous then say to break the round edge on the last bumper to make it damngerous. its that simple like stated above as soon as i saw that bumper i didnt like it along with a few others like the jaws teeth bumper which i dont even know if its sold anymore. its more for show than anything.

project400ex19
09-11-2007, 08:05 PM
I think the "rounded edge" type bumper is a better Idea as stated before. plus I think those Iron Cross bumpers are for posers. Not calling you a poser. It's just the first part some punk kid changes on his quad to make it look cool. lol you guys know who I'm talking about.

NeverLiftRacing
09-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
i guess next time so that u dont have to go back to camp you will keep a tie down in your air box :cool: :cool:

hey cameron!, had your tie down not come out of your air box and gotten lodged in your chain then i would not be in this situation. lol and keeping a tiedown in your air box wasnt exactly a good idea anyhow. lol you jerk its all your fault!