PDA

View Full Version : Can am Renegade X...wheres the racks?

firefighterjosh
09-10-2007, 07:26 PM
I really like the new renegade X minus the price tag:eek2:

But is BRP ever going to put wracks in the renegade from the factory? I really want one since my king is starting to take some serious punishment but the rules stat it must have racks from the factory.:(

Hopefully some other companies bring out a more sporty 4x4 as well that is built tough:D

CannondaleRider
09-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Doubt they'll put racks on it.

Any kind of utility work(even though, in your case, it's just for race rules) was not their intentions with the bike......it was build for the big-bore sport rider that likes the utility setup....without the utility bulk. The Outlander was the intended worker....even though it's the popular racer.

What I would do, is talk to your sanctioner. Print out a brochure(.PDF) (http://www.can-am.brp.com/BRPHtml/CanAmX/images/Renegade800X.pdf) that proves that it never comes with racks from the factory....they may be able to bend the rules for this bike, being that it's so uncommon of a setup.

firefighterjosh
09-10-2007, 11:09 PM
I went and checked the rules online and they where gone:confused:

I am just going to ask my promoter and see what they say. I am sure they will let me I just didnt want people *****ing

chris46250r
09-11-2007, 05:30 AM
They will only start bittching if you start winning. What if someone else gets one and starts beating you everytime, would you complain?

450robot
09-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I went and checked the rules online and they where gone:confused:

I am just going to ask my promoter and see what they say. I am sure they will let me I just didnt want people *****ing

according to gncc, you would have to switch to U2 class (aka ute unlimited). for 4x4s w/o racks...

im not sure if this applies to what series your racing, sorry

firefighterjosh
09-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by chris46250r
They will only start bittching if you start winning. What if someone else gets one and starts beating you everytime, would you complain?

I am winning now lol.:D

No I wouldn't ***** because When somone is faster then me It pushes me to go faster. Like this kid on a rincon. he is super fast and I am bound determine to beat him.

I just want a 4x4 now that is built to take some abuse. My king has done very well, But I am really starting to get into this race thing and I am trying to stay away from having to buy costly frame repairs and so on

firefighterjosh
09-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by 450robot
according to gncc, you would have to switch to U2 class (aka ute unlimited). for 4x4s w/o racks...

im not sure if this applies to what series your racing, sorry

Ya it wouldnt bother me switching to U2 but my series dosen't have a U2 type class. Its just Sport quads and ute class.

I talked to one of my fellow racers and he said he dosen't see a problem with it, in fact he wants one as well:D

chris46250r
09-12-2007, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I am winning now lol.:D

No I wouldn't ***** because When somone is faster then me It pushes me to go faster. Like this kid on a rincon. he is super fast and I am bound determine to beat him.

I just want a 4x4 now that is built to take some abuse. My king has done very well, But I am really starting to get into this race thing and I am trying to stay away from having to buy costly frame repairs and so on

Your winning now but there is a Rincon that you are trying to beat? Sounds like you are getting second now. lol:D And yes I think you would have something to say about a fourwheeler that was beating you that was not supposed to be in your class.

firefighterjosh
09-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by chris46250r
Your winning now but there is a Rincon that you are trying to beat? Sounds like you are getting second now. lol:D And yes I think you would have something to say about a fourwheeler that was beating you that was not supposed to be in your class.

I ment i am winning my points. Ya he ussually beats me, but every race I get closer and closer to him.

I wouldn't complain about a renegade in my class, i think it should be classified as a ute class, atleast for local races. Most local series allow them in the ute class.

I wish more people would race the renegade cuz it would be kinda cool saying I beat a renegade with my king quad lol:devil: