PDA

View Full Version : Help The stealership is raping me

corey4x4man
09-10-2007, 06:16 PM
So I was Having trouble with my bike shifting after I had the chain come off and jam up around the front sprocket. When I took it in to get repaired the service guy told me that cuz the rear axle kid plate was removed It voided my warranty and I would have to pay to fix it. He claimed that the skid plate is a chain guide not just a guard. It is an 07 450r Had it less than a month. When I called around to other honda shops in my area they all agreed with me that it is just a guard not a guide.

Question is dose anybody Know where I can get some proof to this dumbass so I wont have to pay for it?

thanks in advance
corey\

P.S. they had to split the caes and the total bill came to $915.

TheNewn
09-10-2007, 06:28 PM
I imagine if you've only had it a month, you still have the stock skid plate? bring it in to him and ask how it could possibly be a chain guide as well.

Also, a thought that came to me is the guy is probably going to not enjoy being proven wrong so he might just be stubborn and not go back on his word.

I'm kind wondering why you let them tear it up to begin with and do that 1000 dollar work in the first place before resolving it.

Because now you cant take it to a different dealer, right?

09-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Man you should of thought to put the skid plate back on before taking it to the dealer. Every part I take off my bike i keep it in perfect shape and if something goes wrong im putting it back on like if the motor blows im putting my stock exhaust back on and taking it to the dealer and any other part that may effect the thing that broke.

coryatver
09-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Dude your going to have to bite this one! Its to late now. You have to ask them if it is covered under warranty before they repair it! You should try calling Honda customer service directly and complain and see if they will make the dealer change there mind thats the only way

4ABURN
09-10-2007, 06:49 PM
I do not want to be the one but if you look at the skid plate it has a chain buffer on the bottom chain side and it does help keep the chain on.my 06 the buffer is close enough to the chain to stop the chain from coming off.(At least help.)rule of thumb if you take off the skid put on a tm chain guide. sorry man that sucks....:( :( :( :( Just my 2 cents don't kill me.....

corey4x4man
09-10-2007, 07:25 PM
the reason i wasnt able to wait is cuz they couldnt tell if it was covered untill they split the cases. this is not making me happy at all. Anybody have the cust. service number?

Turboderf
09-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Dude i feel your pain i just took my 06 450 with warrany my bike had engine noise i took in i needed to give them 200.00 for tear down time they declined the repair i got my engine back in a box they said that because the bike had razor , nerf bars , remove heal gaurds and had a number on the hood the number is my sons birthday 192 jan of 92 i Must race the bike so i canceled the rest of the warranty 2 1/2 years left ~~~~HONDA WARRANTY SUCKS ~~~~and then they had the balls to send me a survey on if i was satisfaction good luck

Rulz
09-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Did you sign paperwork when you dropped the quad off which stated to make any and all repairs? If you did not, then you did not approve the repair work to be done!

It's the dealers responsibility, once they realize Honda will not warranty the work, for them to stop and contact you with the repair price.

If you brought your 6 month old car in for warranty repair and went to pick it up and the dealer presented you with a $5,000 bill because the warranty claim was not approved, would you have expected the dealer to have contacted you before they continued with the repair? Of course, it happens all the time, that's just common sense and good customer service.

400exrider707
09-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by corey4x4man
the reason i wasnt able to wait is cuz they couldnt tell if it was covered untill they split the cases. this is not making me happy at all. Anybody have the cust. service number?

That statement doesn't jive with your original post... you said they voided cause the skid plate wasn't on... They dont need to split the cases to see if the skid plate is on. If they told you AFTER they split the cases that it was void because of the skid, I would be questioning their work ethics.