PDA

View Full Version : stock shifter has to go!!

hdwrench
09-10-2007, 04:32 PM
I looked for a shifter that has more upward height than a stock. With my riding boots I cannot get it to go up as far as I would like?? The frame gets into the way with the bolt. I was able to raise it a bit but I would like more. Thanks

hdwrench
09-11-2007, 07:55 AM
I see that 25 have read this post, am I the only one that has a issue with the stock shifter?? :)

Speed_MDS2
09-11-2007, 08:16 AM
Are you sure the bolt is hitting the frame? The shifter is probably hitting the case saver cover over the counter shaft sprocket. I had to grind out a bigger notch so the shifter can move up more, never had a problem with the bolt hitting the frame.

MOTORIDER68
09-11-2007, 03:19 PM
i did thhe same thing speed. from what i have read the aftermarket shifter aren't as strong as stock.

LTandRaptorider
09-11-2007, 03:25 PM
As stated above, I too had no problem with the bolt hitting the frame. When I put my AC Pro-pegs on, I had to move the shifter up two notches. I took my plastic case saver/ cover to my bench grinder, used the edge of the wheel to make a notch for the shifter to fit in the higher position. ;)

hdwrench
09-11-2007, 04:07 PM
I swapped the bolt for an allen all is fine now. Just a more difficult place to get to. The pros of the bike out weigh any cons it may have.