PDA

View Full Version : anti-freeze leaking (YFZ) PLEASE HELP

yfzrider45
09-10-2007, 04:28 PM
it leaks out a small whole out the bottom of my motor, when i go it stops then when i stop it starts to leak rapidly...somebody help

mxraptor149
09-29-2007, 07:36 PM
I can't believe no one responded to this. I hope you found the answer. If you didn't:

The coolant is leaking out of your weep hole. This means one of two things: your water pump needs replaced because it has failed; or the seal at the base of your impeller shaft is bad. Either way, you've got to take the water pump assembly apart and determine which is the case.

I'm going to guess it's just the seal, but it could be the pump.

yfzrider45
10-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Thank you soo much!!! i just ordered seals, i dont think its the pump becasue when i drive it stops the leak...thanks you

Fenix169motox
10-10-2007, 03:28 PM
hey yeah we had some questions about taht kinda stuff in school the other day, teach said your seals could be leaking cuz of using automotive anti-freeze in it. something about its a different chemical, i probably sound retarded but still, could be a shot

NacsMXer
10-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Fenix169motox
hey yeah we had some questions about taht kinda stuff in school the other day, teach said your seals could be leaking cuz of using automotive anti-freeze in it. something about its a different chemical, i probably sound retarded but still, could be a shot

Not sure about the whole automotive antifreeze deal, that stuff's pretty universal. The common green stuff is ethylene glycol but some select auto mfg's use propylene glycol....maybe this is what your teacher was talking about?

yfzrider45
10-10-2007, 06:57 PM
you are right about the automotive anti freeze lol i used it.....but i put the rite stuff in and still does like crazy

Fenix169motox
10-12-2007, 02:21 PM
yeah once the seals are wore out they'll leak still.. or did you replace them aldready? you might need to repace your impeller too

yfzrider45
10-14-2007, 09:25 AM
i havent intstalled the seals yet but i have all new seals, bearing and gaskets for it, the impeller will get chaged with an aftermarket one that will run 30 degrees cooler....i'm doing that all today so i'll let you know what happens

yfzrider45
10-14-2007, 09:25 AM
i havent intstalled the seals yet but i have all new seals, bearing and gaskets for it, the impeller will get chaged with an aftermarket one that will run 30 degrees cooler....i'm doing that all today so i'll let you know what happens

trent zimmerman
10-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Hey yfzrider,where did you get this new 30 cooler impeller?I'm getting ready to change the seal in both of my yfz's,should do that too while I'm at it,thanx.

yfzrider45
10-14-2007, 05:23 PM
you can either get it at rockymountainatv.com or you can get it at magicracing.com