PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Pred. 90 Problem

jay80
09-10-2007, 07:45 AM
Nephew has a 2006 Pred 90

Machine started to bog loose power, cut out with more than half throttle and under load. Did seem to be not as bad with choke on. We changed plug, Main jet had some dirt so it was cleaned, checked/cleaned pilot, new filter, checked fuel filter. Nothing has fixed it. It really acts like it could be something electrical but also fuel related. If held open with a load machine will cut out and almost die then catch it self, then almost die then catch itself, repeat.

Any ideas? Any info on checking, ruling out bad electrical parts? Is there away to bypass all extra safety **** to rule those out. Doesn't act like a governor, almost like its starving for fuel but with carb all clean I'm out of ideas.

Seems to act fine with no load, and in reverse. Although reverse has the limiter on it so cant really hit it hard.

Edit: its a 2006 not 2005.

jay80
09-19-2007, 08:19 AM
TTT

Replaced the stator, old one was full of mud. New stator did not fix the problem. Still seems like a lean issue but cant pin point what is causing it. Need ideas on what to look for next.

Blazer25
09-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Hello, If it is starving for fuel, you may need to move up a jet size.

jay80
09-25-2007, 07:42 AM
So far so good, ended up being the fuel screw was out of adjustment.

myersracing41
10-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Does anyone know what the original settings on the air & fuel screw setting are?

We have been having the same problems but I have adjusted it so much and I never did check were it was before I started. Ive looked through the manual but it doesnt really give u anything.

Ours is a Scrambler 90 but they should be close to the same, or so I would think anyway.
Thanks Jason