View Full Version : Having some car trouble

trxwannbe
09-10-2007, 07:21 AM
i have a 1994 pontiac sunbird thats been sitting for a while now and i took it out today and put some injector cleaner in the tank and was gonna let it idle for a while but after about 5 minutes it started to push coolant out of the upper radiator hose on the radiator end and the temp was up to about 120 already not sure if this is just an indicator to replace the coolant (i already know the hoses need to be replace there a little dry rotted i think they are the originals) or if maybe theres a bigger problem i should look for

Titanium
09-10-2007, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
i have a 1994 pontiac sunbird thats been sitting for a while now and i took it out today and put some injector cleaner in the tank and was gonna let it idle for a while but after about 5 minutes it started to push coolant out of the upper radiator hose on the radiator end and the temp was up to about 120 already not sure if this is just an indicator to replace the coolant (i already know the hoses need to be replace there a little dry rotted i think they are the originals) or if maybe theres a bigger problem i should look for

looks kinda like you just answered your own question. replace your hoses.

trxwannbe
09-10-2007, 07:30 AM
yeah as far as i can tell its just the hoses are old and as soon as it builds pressure it pushes out so i'm hoping that just replacing the hoses will do the trick

Raptor68
09-10-2007, 07:43 AM
I'd look into replacing your thermostat...sometimes they stick and don't open/close properly...this could be why it got hot so quick and overflowed.