PDA

View Full Version : Walsh rear fender brackets - 2006 450r

quad2xtreme
09-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I used to bend the stock ones...especially when I wasn't running heelguards. These are billet aluminum.

Nick110
09-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Ive broke the left side like in the picture about 10 times. Do you think these will stand up to the abuse and not just snap like a twig.?

quad2xtreme
09-09-2007, 08:51 PM
These are super strong...you aren't gonna bend them.

I snapped my factory one too. I ordered a new set and then saw these on e-bay. I went ahead and ordered these through Cernics since they had them listed on e-bay (I usually get just about everything through Colby at C&D). These were $100. I've ridden with them 20 times or so. No issues with them. I did have to modified them just a bit to fit with the Pro Armor setup I have.

I have a set of the factory ones if you feel like wasting some more money. :D

hendershot106
09-10-2007, 07:37 AM
i have the same problem with them damn stock brackets----- im just waiting now to get new nerf bars b/c i thought the rath nerfbars with heelguards have fender brackets built in ,,right???

quad2xtreme
09-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by hendershot106
i have the same problem with them damn stock brackets----- im just waiting now to get new nerf bars b/c i thought the rath nerfbars with heelguards have fender brackets built in ,,right???

They do. I had the Rath nerf bars and they are well made.

/Jon

Dupontster
09-10-2007, 08:28 AM
Mine break often too. and the ones up by the grab bar. Which causes the damn seat to fall off during a race!

hendershot106
09-10-2007, 08:35 AM
u can stop the seat from falling off my drilling about a 1/8" hole in the bottom of the plastic seat posts-- trimming the top part off the rubber seat alignment grommets-- to where it is flush (about 3/8" -- put the seat on the bike and use a small hitch pin clip from ace hardware or tractor supply for about 38 cents---- - u have to do this once the plastic starts cracking--- - like u said- the seat falls off---

ESrider
09-10-2007, 12:29 PM
We were just discussing those very same brackets yesterday at the track when we noticed one of our bikes had one that was broken. Except none of us want to cough up the money to buy them yet. They do look real nice!:D One of the guys I ride with has the ProArmor heelguards and they have the fender bracket incorporated as well.

hendershot106
09-10-2007, 12:57 PM
sounds like a challenge to reinforce the stock brackets to ME!!!!!

quad2xtreme
09-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ESrider
We were just discussing those very same brackets yesterday at the track when we noticed one of our bikes had one that was broken. Except none of us want to cough up the money to buy them yet. They do look real nice!:D One of the guys I ride with has the ProArmor heelguards and they have the fender bracket incorporated as well.

My Pro Armor setup does not. Check my pic closely.

Sjorge450R
09-10-2007, 04:20 PM
u can stop the seat from falling off my drilling about a 1/8" hole in the bottom of the plastic seat posts-- trimming the top part off the rubber seat alignment grommets-- to where it is flush (about 3/8" -- put the seat on the bike and use a small hitch pin clip from ace hardware or tractor supply for about 38 cents---- - u have to do this once the plastic starts cracking--- - like u said- the seat falls off---

my seat never came off (knock on wood) is this something that happenes on the second generation R's?

quad2xtreme
09-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
My Pro Armor setup does not. Check my pic closely.

I called Pro Armor today. The PowerGrip peg setup on the Honda 450r definitely does not come with built in fender brackets.

/Jon

Jersey450R
09-11-2007, 05:27 AM
100 bucks for 2 peices of aluminum that say walsh on them?? :eek:
i'll make my own out of some billet peices i have laying around. but my stock ones have been good for 3 years now :confused:

hendershot106
09-11-2007, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
my seat never came off (knock on wood) is this something that happenes on the second generation R's?

For me, yes, i cannot speak for everyone though--- on both OEM plastics i have had on the rear of my 06 (red original and 07 white) the plastic has started cracking around the top frame mounts,, and the grab bar plastic mounts have cracked completely in two---- that is the reasoning behind the pinned system. it is not worth it to me to buy new plastic every two or three months- but as u mentioned-- on my old 04 450r it never gave me any trouble--- just the newer style oem plastic with the "vents" - just my experience though--

quad2xtreme
09-11-2007, 06:24 AM
For me, yes, i cannot speak for everyone though--- on both OEM plastics i have had on the rear of my 06 (red original and 07 white) the plastic has started cracking around the top frame mounts,, and the grab bar plastic mounts have cracked completely in two---- that is the reasoning behind the pinned system. it is not worth it to me to buy new plastic every two or three months- but as u mentioned-- on my old 04 450r it never gave me any trouble--- just the newer style oem plastic with the "vents" - just my experience though--

Me too. My plastics have zipties holding the fenders to the mounts near the grab bar. Never lost my seat though. Had a subframe bolt come out (which I didn't realize right away) and then the other snapped. It allowed the subrame to turn downward thus pulling the airbox off the carb.

/Jon

hendershot106
09-11-2007, 07:04 AM
if i put another set of plastic on my bike --- i will try the maier rear or try putting oem 04 05 rear plastic on it. Has anyone tried this yet on an 06 with no seat problems????

ESrider
09-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
I called Pro Armor today. The PowerGrip peg setup on the Honda 450r definitely does not come with built in fender brackets.

/Jon

I can see that yours do not have the bracket, but his bike has Pro Armor nerfs and seperate Pro Armor heelguards and his definitely has a bracket that his fenders attach to. If I see him this week I'll take a pic and post it. The ones I'm referring to might not be the Powergrip system or they could be older.

ESrider
09-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Hey Jon,

You were right and I was wrong. :(

My buddy has the Pro Armor nerfs and pegs, but his heel guards are IMS. I thought he had the complete Pro Armor package and I knew he had brackets for his rear fenders, but I didn't pay enough attention to the sticker that shows who made them. :confused: