PDA

View Full Version : High $ porting vs. just cleaning up the inside

forgiven
09-09-2007, 06:30 PM
I was just wondering how much of a difference there would be between the two. I was looking on Hetricks site and it is pretty pricey...not saying he isn't worth it mind you. Everyone says great things. But my kid isn't going to nationals and just enjoys riding fast, but if it makes that much difference it may be worth it still.

Suggestions?

kenjolly
09-09-2007, 06:48 PM
I had a few things done to our 70cc,dusty robinson of cheater motor sports in florida ported it, took out the starter gear and lightened the fly wheel and bumped the comp to 175ish. It run's much better but didnt cost that much. if i want more i could still add card,pipe,pvl,clutch as he needs it.

mac75
09-09-2007, 07:02 PM
try gary borelli, steve he will do a good job of cleaning things up.

ecmini1
09-09-2007, 07:06 PM
If he wants to go fast porting is the way to go. You just have to determine were you want the power to come in at.
For example can make one of these minis turn 16000 rpms but the is not for the faint at heart and for raceing only. Cleaning up a cyl. is ok if you have the eng. torn down already. But if your going to tear down an eng. to make more power just do it right and port it. Make sure the right person is porting it for you and the correct way to port a cyl. is sending the whole eng w/ your style of pipe to get it the porting correct. just cant take a die grinder to a cyl and call it ported. Hope this helps you.

bulldogfallon
09-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Local is usually the best choice for racers...

Trackside support is worth more than anything you can get

Ask the DRR riders here in Florida....