PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Help???

EXridr9
09-09-2007, 04:43 PM
I just put in a barnnet dirt digger clutch on a 2005 honda 400ex and i put every thing in right and i tighted the 5 springs until i felt they were tight i rode it for 1 race and rode it around my house a few times and now the clutch wont engage and i took it apart and i now need advice on how much i should tightin the spring bolts because the reason it wont engage the clutch is because i tighted the spring bolts and the clutch has no way to move in and out...any help would be appricated or any place that would have the specs...:confused:

MO-EX-RIDER
09-09-2007, 07:01 PM
manual does not have torque specs on the spring bolts, i get the snug the 1/4 turn more...any more turns and they break off:eek2: is your clutch cable adjusted correctly? remember you must have at least a nickel($.05) gap between the clutch perch and lever itself for free play!

also rev the engine once or twice so see if the fibers free up

JOEX
09-09-2007, 07:53 PM
As long as you tightened the bolts in a criss cross pattern. one or two turns at a time, you installed them correctly.

Did you soak the fibers prior to installation?

What oil are you using?

And like MO-EX-RIDER said, make sure the free play is correct at both ends of the cable.