PDA

View Full Version : arens frame chain roller question!

guggi102
09-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Ok I have an 01 arens frame with a chain roller on the subframe. Just replaced it went for one ride and checked it and all that was left was the bearings again. The chain is ripping the nylon right off the bearings and destroying it. What do I do?

Aceman
09-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Weird! Mine is an 01 Arens also, but I've had no problems. First things first, how long have you had this frame and when did it start happening? If it just started, are you using a different material roller? Mine is just a plain rubber roller.

I have a TM Designworks catalog in front of me. They have a Lifetime Guaranteed universal roller listed for 19.95. This might be the way to go if you keep destroying them.

guggi102
09-09-2007, 08:00 PM
I wonder if the chain was a bit too loose. I snugged it up some and am hoping that does it. I have to get another roller first before I will know.

86 Quad R
09-10-2007, 03:16 PM
are you developing kinks in your chain when there's slack? what type of roller are you using?

i go to my local skating rink and purchase used wheels with bearings for like 2.00 ea. ya can get any color ya want and they wont come apart.

guggi102
09-10-2007, 06:17 PM
No kinks but it was definatly a bit loose. It was a brand new MSR roller nylon ring and it didnt last a 2 hour ride. I will try a roller skate wheel since i have 8 of them.