PDA

View Full Version : TPS troubles..

Flyin-Low
09-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Well, my Terrycable throttle has the TPS switch but the wires broke off and I can't re-attach them... So I was wondering if I could just disconnect it.

Is it really necessary to have it?

What should I do?

-Martin

GPracer2500
09-09-2007, 12:13 PM
The Throttle Position Sensor is on the carb itself--it's part of the carb. I'm not sure what switch would be part of the throttle. I think YFZ's have a switch in their throttle assemblies for their TORS system but I don't think TRX's utilize anything like that.

Flyin-Low
09-09-2007, 01:27 PM
ohh, I'm probably mistaken in the name then. But this is the switch (I think) that just senses if the throttle is stuck open and kills it.

Because when the wires broke, I could start it just fine but whenever I touched the throttle it died.

-Martin

Nick110
09-09-2007, 03:28 PM
If your talking about the 2 wires that went into the throttle then you can just cut those and connect them together. Thats what i have done and then you dont have to worry about it anymore.

hendershot106
09-11-2007, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Nick110
If your talking about the 2 wires that went into the throttle then you can just cut those and connect them together. Thats what i have done and then you dont have to worry about it anymore.
x 2---- also check gtthunder.com for tech tips on TPS for 06 450r -- that confirms this info----