PDA

View Full Version : No helmet= stupidity

sly400ex
10-30-2002, 10:31 AM
I'M just browsing through some of the links and notice how many "riders" aren't wearing helmets when riding their wheelers. That is so stupid and irresponsible. Alls it takes is the slightest bump or whack to the head and you can be vegtabalized (real word??) or even worse dead. I know a lot of people say it's their choice, but it gives our whole community a bad rap when someone is injured due to lack of responsibility. Some kid died a couple of months ago at a little local place I ride. (Head injuries) He wasn't wearing a helmet and wrecked on a fairly small table top. Some friends of his put up a little memorial for his remembrance, but ironically, his memorial could end up injuring someone too!! I saw a kid crash on his dirt bike on the same jump and wipe out the cross and everything. Luckily the kid wasn't injured, but he could have actually been punctured by one of the crosses that stood there. I don't know, maybe if everyone would just use their head (literally) and wear a helmet, we could avoid serious injuries/deaths and perceive a better image for the ATV/off road community!!!

Just a few thoughts.......

MSL
10-30-2002, 10:40 AM
I couldnt agree more!

We almost lost a family member because of him not wearing a helmet..He got lucky and made it but is still having some complications..

Everyone please wear your helmets because its not only you that a bad accident affects it affects your family and friends as well..

If you dont do it for yourself do it for your family and friends..

AtvMxRider
10-30-2002, 10:59 AM
I agree with you totaly it is stupid to ride without a helmet.

Blysster
10-30-2002, 11:02 AM
I never used to wear mine until about 5-6 years ago. I had a bayou and figured I wouldn't need one since that thing was slow and I wasn't planning on doing any stunts. By pure luck the day I had my accident I was wearing one, the DOT approved helmet cracked. I've been wearing one everytime since.

Don't think it can't happen to you because you will be carefull or your just going around the yard, anything ca happen.

I'm not the kind of guy who tells people what to do but not wearing a helmet is just pain stupid. :grr

honda400exrider
10-30-2002, 11:44 AM
i thankfully have never have REALLY needed mine but i try to wear mine as often as possible.... WEAR A HELMET!!!

VooDuu Child
10-30-2002, 11:46 AM
I think it's bad too, but I can't change their opinions, so I figure it this way, it will just mean more parking for me later when they're not around. Stupidity = population control. Stupidity can be deadly, glad I'm not stupid.

QuadTrix6
10-30-2002, 12:11 PM
i hear to many stories about people getting hurt because they were messing around on a quad without a helmet...i love my helmet so much that i wear a helmet while i sit at my computer browsing through EXRIDERS.COM :D

QuadRacer041
10-30-2002, 12:52 PM
i dont know how hard it would be to do but, maybe the moderators of the boards should remove all the pics they see of people with no helmets.
its not good advertisment for our sport or site when people see riders with no helmets and maybe the people who have there pictures removed because they arent wearing a helmet will start wearing one if they want the pics up here.

Bean
10-30-2002, 02:59 PM
well, i admit, i do jump, ride and stuff without my helmet, gear on, i know its dumb, but i do what i do, guess im stupid

DGR Designs
10-30-2002, 03:35 PM
well i did a few wheelies for my cousins when they were visiting last summer but whenever i do any air or drives i have it on. unless i am plowing snow on the rancher in the winter

Nausty
10-30-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Bean
well, i admit, i do jump, ride and stuff without my helmet, gear on, i know its dumb, but i do what i do, guess im stupid

only a matter of time....

About a year ago a guy was posting pictures of himself without a helmet(lol a real one jabber) and so then he said that he wouldn't get hurt or something to have him come back on a few weeks later after getting back to the hospital and he had crashed in a feild and before he went out he remembered what I had said and decided to put it on... lol, he said I jynxed him but he did say it pry saved his life.

jay's 300
10-30-2002, 03:40 PM
So many people are getting killed on 4- wheelers around here they are talking about banning them in Raleigh Co. Just put your dayyum helmet on and don't give yourself or the rest of us a bad image! :huh :mad:

Guy400
10-30-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by quad041
maybe the moderators of the boards should remove all the pics they see of people with no helmets.
its not good advertisment for our sport or site when people see riders with no helmets and maybe the people who have there pictures removed because they arent wearing a helmet will start wearing one if they want the pics up here. I think some of the mods try but there's just so many pics:confused:

Bean
10-30-2002, 04:58 PM
well, i know its dumb not to wear it, and i say im going slow nothing can happen, but if something does, miss me when im gone, lol

Sick0
10-30-2002, 06:18 PM
:devil

flaneledholes
10-30-2002, 06:23 PM
***** Helmet? I ride full riding gear when I am just going 20 feet... And when I have to move my quad like 10 feet in the yard to put it up, I always at least go for the helmet... Same with cars, I always buckle up... You never know when these things can have the throttle stick WOT... Or even worse, when someone else is flying adn you say "Ill go slow" and they hit you!!!!

10-30-2002, 06:29 PM
when im in the truck, i feel naked if i dont have my seat belt, but on hte 400, if im just trail ridin, i dont wear one. i used to not wear one when agressive riding, but i do now.

yellowex01
10-30-2002, 07:49 PM
i dont know how hard it would be to do but, maybe the moderators of the boards should remove all the pics they see of people with no helmets.
its not good advertisment for our sport or site when people see riders with no helmets and maybe the people who have there pictures removed because they arent wearing a helmet will start wearing one if they want the pics up here.

So now you want the mods to sensor a public forum? **** maybe they should throw everyone off on here that doesnt own an ex.. People are the way they are, why should you be able to force your opinions on them? I dont understand why its not good for our sport, cuz people are seeing them without helmets.. What about street bikes. In Ohio you dont need one. Doesnt hurt the bike sales or how people perceive them..
Oh and by the way I never ride without full gear, I am just not a big fan of people trying to force THEIR opinions on me...

Z-King
10-30-2002, 08:43 PM
i wear mine:D

10-30-2002, 08:48 PM
I wear helmet, and have to wear chest protector, but hey it saved me a couple times:rolleyes: :eek:

sandslinger101
10-30-2002, 09:15 PM
WEAR A HELMENT, this summer a friend of mine riding behind a sandrail ran in to the rear of it and hit the exaust with his helment and needles to say without a helment it would off ripped half his face without it on.:eek: I have been off at speed and 4 screws later in left ankle(yes wearing riding boots) and a helment with a 6 inch crack in the back of it, yes a 280 dollar helment, and i suffered a concushion and 13 stiches on my head in side my helment under where it cracked all i can say is wear your riding gear! and when it gets real bad just bail:D

SGA
10-30-2002, 10:24 PM
would of, could of, should of is too late

Castor-426ex
10-30-2002, 10:35 PM
i wear a helmet when i drive in town...in my truck

upstate rider
10-31-2002, 03:59 AM
Sly400ex , I agree with you totally , how many posts/newspapers and news on tv have we all seen where someone was hurt or even kill because they weren't wearing one. Worst is the loved ones and friends praying for you afterwards. It hurts our sport with bad press and land owners are afraid if someone gets hurt on there land they will be sued , cutting down our riding areas with posted signs. I guess everyone has to ask them selves whats thier head worth? JUST MY 2 CENT

10-31-2002, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
i wear a helmet when i drive in town...in my truck

Haha, thats nuts, and yea that does make us look bad

spincr4hire
10-31-2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by EXracer8601
when im in the truck, i feel naked if i dont have my seat belt, but on hte 400, if im just trail ridin, i dont wear one. i used to not wear one when agressive riding, but i do now.

Why would you not wear a helmet trail riding ???:rolleyes:
What if some idiot came out of nowhere and plowed into you
head first?

10-31-2002, 07:29 AM

consider it a done deal Lou..:D

10-31-2002, 08:14 AM
Wow cant believe all the future fertilizer and bed pan candidates posting on this one.

Sorry if anyone gets offended (well not really, too bad) but if you are riding a bike or quad and not wearing a helmet you are only fooling yourself and are a total arsehole piece of crap and a total waste of skin and we all know who's leg the best part of you dripped down.

Sound a little harsh, well maybe it is but its also very true and why would anyone with half a brain (yes thats all the helmet needs to protect, sometimes less :blah )risk having to have someone help them to make bodily functions for the rest of their life or if there lucky be dead?

How many times I have had nice little talks like this with guys of all ages about their arse not being worth a crap till their a veggie and then we all have to pay their SS so they can be taken care of the rest of their life. Its just plain stupid but I cant believe how strongly these idiots believe its never gonna happen to them.

We all see and hear of off road related tragedies and they are all very sad but the ones that were not smart enough to wear a helmet (if not complete gear) are also very upsetting and annoying. I have seen just here alone several sad accidents that involved riders without helmets and allways am confused to what they were thinking.

Oh and the sad truth is that it appears that most of the serious injuries are not while out on a ride but rather when your just taken a spin around camp or making a quick run in the yard, and this is because no one wants to pop on their helmet for just a few seconds and wham your done.

Just my humble opinion :rolleyes:

sly400ex
10-31-2002, 08:15 AM
Riding a street bike versus an ATV is different.....you can pretty much anticipate /expect to wipe out on your ATV from time to time......but on a street bike you aren't as likely (hopefully not!!) to crash......although wearing a helmet on a streetbike is just as important......

300exQuadracer
10-31-2002, 09:56 AM
i allways used to ride in the summer without a shirt or my chest protector on because they stick to ya when your just screwin around, but i came up super long on a double in my back yard and the 300 bucked me off the back, it trashed my back from sliding down the track and i couldnt lay on my back or sit with my back against anything for like 3 days!! so allways wear a helmet and a shirt because like honda says stupid hurts!

10-31-2002, 09:59 AM
As I once read before...If your not wearing a helmet then you really don't have much worth protecting..:blah

QuadRacer041
10-31-2002, 10:42 AM
yellow,
So now you want the mods to sensor a public forum? **** maybe they should throw everyone off on here that doesnt own an ex.. People are the way they are, why should you be able to force your opinions on them? I dont understand why its not good for our sport, cuz people are seeing them without helmets.. What about street bikes. In Ohio you dont need one. Doesnt hurt the bike sales or how people perceive them..
Oh and by the way I never ride without full gear, I am just not a big fan of people trying to force THEIR opinions on me...

haha, if you read threw all these post's,i guess you lose.
seems like a power higher then you agrees with me, huh?
dumb*****:blah

10-31-2002, 10:44 AM
I didn't read thru the entir post but Lou is you talkin ta me??:confused:

HondaRancherES
10-31-2002, 10:45 AM
Around here you don't get on one without a helmet. Me,my sis,and our two friends are not allowed to ride without one. I hate how much they cost but if it saves my life it's well worth the 100.00 I paid

QuadRacer041
10-31-2002, 10:47 AM
what i mean is, its sounded to me like you were areeing with me and not the guy who was bashin me (yellow???)

10-31-2002, 10:52 AM
I was agreein with ya..and I see were yellow said he doesn't think it's right for people to force their opinion on him. dirtwheels does not post pics of riders without helmets and I guess we can let guys post pics of them riding with no helmets but then again were mods and we can delete the post if we want..:devil wars he11 ain't it???

Only thing I can think of why people might not wear a helmet is because their head must be up their arse all the time and that's were their helmet mut be...:eek:

and guys flame away on me if ya disagree i won't take it to hard..just giving my opinion..as I mentioned before if ya ride without a helmet then you don't have nothing worth protecting.. Or I could give you the room and phone number of my buddy that's laid up in a nursing home after his dirtbike wreck WHILE wearing his helmet..he's only 29..

MSL
10-31-2002, 11:04 AM
Hey Guys ask my Bro rikr4x what he thinks about not wearing a helmet and what can happen if you dont...

guys it just not worth taking a chance....I cant say it enough, when you least expect it thats when bad stuff happens!!!

I am not trying to push my opinion onto anyone, but i dont want to hear of any of you getting hurt or killed because you didnt put a helmet on...

I agree with Rico...like what he said or not he is right about this..

robsredride
10-31-2002, 11:17 AM
I always wear my helmet. I have had 3 family members killed on bikes and atvs. I am a EMT and we have names for people that dont wear helmets. Organ Donors.

I have taught my children it is so important to wear helmets they will go and get mine if I am working on my atv in the yard. My youngest (2 y) refuses to ride on her power wheels without a helmet.

If you still dont want to were a helmet or think "It wont happen to me." go to a rehab center and talk to all the people who thought that.

upstate rider
10-31-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by robsredride
My youngest (2 y) refuses to ride on her power wheels without a helmet. I think thats great , I'm sure later in life it will pay off

10-31-2002, 04:21 PM
i think its very wrong to delete pics w/o helmets, there are NO rule about it. says it only has to be atv related. let people make there own decsions. shut up and stop being a bunch of pussies, because if somebody post a pic of somebody with no helmet, they eitehr flame or keep sayin you are an idiot. i think this is on of the stupidest thread i have ever read.

yellowex01
10-31-2002, 05:13 PM
quado41...

Where in my post did I bash you??????????????? Next time you want to call me a dumb *** why not try my email. or give me a call..

See its people like you that cant stand criticism, constructive or destructive.. I could care less if pics get deleted, what the **** does it matter to me.. I was just saying why should you or anyone else force your opinions, if you dont want to look at a pic without a helmet than dont, some of us might!!!!!!!

2K1 300EX
10-31-2002, 06:56 PM
I agree with both sides... if you are just puttin' around the yard(key word puttin') you shouldn't need a helmet, but if you are jumping, racing, agrresive trail riding then put on your d@mn helmet. And for the people saying that all the deaths/accidents are because they weren't wearign helmets most of the time it is because they were on the road or somewhere they aren't suppose to be on a quad.

I don't have a helmet but the trails that I ride there is only a handful of guys and we are hardly ever all together usually it is just 2 of us; and as far as jumping there aren't any big jumps around my house to jumpand the only ones are maybe 2 or 3 foot at the most; and I ride on the side of the road on the other side of the ditch and i drive slow.

10-31-2002, 08:40 PM
2K1 300EX

Now theres a perfect example :mad:

QuadRacer041
11-01-2002, 03:32 AM
yellowex, why would u want me to call you?
so you can hear me call you a dumb*****?
listen dude, you bashed me for what i said, and its not that much of a big deal but dont try to intimadate me by tell me to email you or call you because you tryin to scare the wrong person.

yellowex01
11-01-2002, 05:30 AM
yellowex, why would u want me to call you?
so you can hear me call you a dumb*****?
listen dude, you bashed me for what i said, and its not that much of a big deal but dont try to intimadate me by tell me to email you or call you because you tryin to scare the wrong person.

HMMM.. Pretty much what I fugured little man.

11-01-2002, 07:25 AM
c'mon now ladies :rolleyes:

:blah :blah :blah

QuadRacer041
11-01-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by yellowex01

HMMM.. Pretty much what I fugured little man.

ok, ill just leave that alone.cause we dont want to go there.

Castor-426ex
11-01-2002, 09:59 AM
quit yur cryin...most of you need a helmet to cover that nasty mug anyways...