PDA

View Full Version : Mods For 08 Outlaw 525 S

ewatts2003
09-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Hey all. I am going to be picking up my 08 525 S here towards the end of next week. I have been reading about the lean jetting from the factory and am a little concerned. I plan on keeping the quad stock for now, but would really like to put the correct jet in it right away. Do you guys have any suggestions on what jetting I would need?

Also, what kind of oil are you guys running in our Outlaws? I am kind of partial to Royal Purple in my vehicles so I wondering if any of you guys run their 4-stroke oil?

Thanks, and this site is awesome.

Eric

smokinwrench
09-09-2007, 09:26 AM
I would say go up to a 160 main jet and raise the needle 1 notch, if you plan on leavign the airbox lid on and baffle in.

I am running rotella 5-40 synthetic. That is what tons of guys on ktm talk are running.

ewatts2003
09-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Oh I forgot to mention that I'm near Omaha, NE, at about 1100 ft. I do plan on keeping the lid on and the baffle in for a while, until I decide on what filter and exhaust to run. Also, do any of you guys have the Trailtech Vapor Computer? I looked at it and it seems like it would be a great idea. Thanks again.

Eric

Evasiveone
09-09-2007, 07:22 PM
I am also running the Rotella T 5w-40 Synthetic.

Smokin's suggestions should get you pretty close. A lot of has ordered the JD Jet kit and used the red needle with good results.

I have the Vapor on my 525. It is a must for keeping track of engine time for oil changes and valve adjustments. I have had to send mine back twice now for some of the LED's not showing up, but this last time they sent me a whole new unit and have not had problems with it yet. I calibrated the speedometer against my radar gun and it is actually pretty accurate now.

bsieren
09-10-2007, 06:53 AM
ewatts2003,

Where do you go riding at most of the time? I'm not too far away from you and just curious. We go to Genoa, Ne when it is open. We also go to Bussey, Ia.

rundrave
09-10-2007, 09:06 AM
I have the vapor and love it. I have heard of a couple people having issues but got them swapped out with no issues.

You guys should check out www.IATVHSS.com if you want to get into some racing that near Omha. Most of the races are not too far from there.

ewatts2003
09-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Actually this will be my first quad, but I've ridden my friends quads quite a bit. We usually ride at one of my buddies house's, he has a decent sized track built out behind his barns. We go to Genoa from time to time, and the Jamboree's out there are pretty badass. Where is Bussey at? I ask because I'm considering moving to Red Oak here before too long for a new job and was hoping there was some good places to ride around there.