PDA

View Full Version : no rear brake pressure

YFZ450Ridr
09-08-2007, 07:06 PM
alright so i just got my new steel braided brake line in the mail today which i bought on ebay for a good price. put it all on and fitment was great also. i went to bleed the line (making sure i had plenty of fluid first) and i think we bled the line 30 or 40 times and it still has no pressure! what gives?

after every few times i would top off the fluid making sure i wasnt sucking air in. i know how to bleed lines corectly, done it many times before on mine and various quads. is there some special trick i am not doing in order to bleed the steel braided line?

09-08-2007, 08:57 PM
this would be a good question I would like to see answered because i too bought steel braided and i'm somewhat new to doing brake lines.

JOEX
09-09-2007, 10:37 AM
I don't think there is any difference in bleeding rubber lines vs SS lines. When I made the switch it took about a half hour or so to do both ends. And that was by myself.

Maybe an air bubble is stuck somewhere. Possibly in the master cylinder or caliper.

Another possibility is the master cylinder is worn.

What DOT number fluid are you using?

YFZ450Ridr
09-09-2007, 03:31 PM
brand new dot 4 fluid.

i got some advice from another site.. since its a used line, run some wire down the line to check for clogs and somebody else reccomended i buy some new crush washers for it since its possible some air is being sucked in at the connections.

JOEX
09-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Sounds like good advice:) And the crush washers should be replaced every time.