PDA

View Full Version : What kind of .22 rifle is this???

MOFO
09-08-2007, 04:38 PM
I was visiting my parents this afternoon - my dad and I got on our usual topic of discussing guns when he asked me if I remember his friend giving me a "skeleton" .22 rifle when I was a young kid?

I forgot all about it - it was stored away in the back of his collection. Well I pulled it out and put a few rounds through it and remembered how much fun plinking with a .22 is...

This is a single shot with a unique action. My father told me he thought these were collector guns now and to hold onto it???

Anyone ever see one before or know much about them?

MOFO
09-08-2007, 04:38 PM
The action open - single shot. I can't see any rifle being more simple than this! I plan on restoring the finish next week.

piggsy
09-08-2007, 04:48 PM
I don't know.

My dad has an old .22 very similar to yours, except it has an octagonal barrel.

The only stampings on the rifle are ".22 WILDCAT" No other markings or serials.

The bore is in good shape, but the firing pin is worn.

MOFO
09-08-2007, 04:52 PM
No S/N on this either. The only stamping is on the butt - "Firearms International Corporation - Washington DC 20022"

All I can find is that others have asked about this gun and the company went south a long time ago. It appears they imported guns - one place was from Germany.

Thats all I can find... :(

piggsy
09-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Here's what I found for you:

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/values/0502/

Firearms International Bronco
Q: I recently purchased a .22 all-metal, single-shot rifle from a terminally ill relative who has since passed. For sentimental reasons, I have no desire to ever sell it, but I would be interested in knowing more about this very unique rifle, which he purchased for $5. It has a swivel-down barrel, manual ejector, manual firing-pin cocker and square safety button above the trigger. It’s in about 70 percent condition. The only inscription on the entire rifle is on the butt: “Firearms International Corporation Washington D.C. 20022.” I would appreciate your help. --D.S., Marietta, OH

A: The rifle you describe is a .22 Long Rifle Bronco Model, which was imported by Firearms International Corporation and was manufactured in Italy during the late 1960s. At that time, the gun had a manufacturer’s suggested list price of $19.95. This company was absorbed by Garcia during the early 1970s.

MOFO
09-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks, I found that as well... appears to be a fairly rare .22 ...

Ghost-Rider
09-08-2007, 08:34 PM
That is so cool !

Raptor68
09-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Sometimes stuff like that is worth more original rather than restored...might wanna ask some gun experts and see whether they think you should restore it...just my $0.02.

Cool gun though...never seen anything like it!

cletusEX
09-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Raptor68
Sometimes stuff like that is worth more original rather than restored...might wanna ask some gun experts and see whether they think you should restore it...just my $0.02.

Cool gun though...never seen anything like it!

I agree, I have seen some nice old guns ruined with a restoration. It looks to be in good working order so I would leave it be.

mitch91
09-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Your gonna be rich.