PDA

View Full Version : Maier Hood Question

71_400TRX
09-08-2007, 02:59 PM
How are you guys mounting your maier hoods? I have a carbon fiber smooth hood (no vents) with Maier full yellow plastics on my 05 450R. My main problem is the top two mounting holes, i dont know what to do to make it stay. thanks

450R_lover
09-08-2007, 05:24 PM
can you not use the hardware that came with the hood? I know that i used it for a while and then it broke on me, so now i just the long screws that are supposed to go there... with a washer on the bottom so it doesnt pull through the rubber piece that is on the plastic. then put your lock nut on and it should stay.
let me know if ya need any more help.

09-08-2007, 08:30 PM
You local ACE Hardware carries those rubber squish nuts that come with the Maier hood. I have had to replace mine also.

mx1791
09-08-2007, 10:08 PM
im going to look stupid, but i couldnt make the hood stay on with those rubber things maier sends you. so i just rigged the hood on.. anyway, can anyone tell me how those things work lol

09-09-2007, 05:20 PM
You put the bolts through the holes. Then you thread on the rubber nuts. Make sure the nut is at the bottom. You push the rubber this though the hole in your front plastic and tight up the screws. They should draw the nut up in turn squishing the rubber nut outward and it tightens the hood in place. The work really well. Make sure the rubber nuts aren't spinning when you turn the screw. You should be able to put your hand in there to hold them until they start to compress. Then when you want to take the hood off you loosen it to the point where they a straight and you pull the hood off. That way you don't have to worry about dropping the nut, it never comes all the way off. Good Luck