PDA

View Full Version : need some opinions

double d 1
09-08-2007, 02:47 PM
my son has a 07 trx90 with hetrick pipe. im thinking of upgrading to a differant atv for racing, he's about to turn 8. do i sell this bike and get a 125 made for racing or get a 2 stroke 90 for racing? i could sell this one and get a 125 extreme. the cost to upgrade the trx to be competitive is crazy!!! any thoughts. mostly to be used for tt racing and some mx. we also go to the dunes alot to play.

Bayman111
09-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Hey GMEN what part of Cumming do ya live in?

ecmini1
09-08-2007, 10:29 PM
If you guys are racing come to S GA and have some fun racing in the riderz cup. We would love to have more kids show.
http://powersportz.com/Race.htm

Bayman111
09-09-2007, 07:34 AM
We may hit a couple of the races, but its a pretty good ways down there for us. If anybody else is looking for a good place to ride in GA, go to Broad River ATV. Dirtblast and us just got back, and it was a great track for all ages.

TEXWS6
09-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by double d 1
my son has a 07 trx90 with hetrick pipe. im thinking of upgrading to a differant atv for racing, he's about to turn 8. do i sell this bike and get a 125 made for racing or get a 2 stroke 90 for racing? i could sell this one and get a 125 extreme. the cost to upgrade the trx to be competitive is crazy!!! any thoughts. mostly to be used for tt racing and some mx. we also go to the dunes alot to play.

I live in Edmond, give me a shout 405-203-5363

Kelly

Andyman17dad
09-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by double d 1

It all depends alot on where you are going to be racing, what you will be up against and how "deep" you want to get into it! Go to a race or two and see what the rules and classes are and then decide what you will need.

Bayman111
09-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Finally someone who lives in Cumming that races!!!! We live just like 2 miles out of downtown. We'll have 2 get together and go riding sometime.

rh250r
09-10-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm going throught the same thing, I leaning toward the Xtreme simply because I would like my son to learn how to shift.

This is for you GA peoples, regarding Broad River ATV, Last year we did a trip to Durham Town Plantation (we loved it) and will be up there again this Dec.
How does Durham compare to Broad River?

DoubleDad
09-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Never been to DP, but I took my son to practice at BR this past weekend. He races a 90 CVT. The facilties were nice, nice cabins with A/C. plenty of camping hook-ups and lots of trails. The big mx track had a good lay-out with all types of racing conditions. He practiced there most of the day, but where he got the best practice was on the youth track. All the jumps were set up for the smaller quads, but not to small, and by the end of the day he was clearing all the doubles, and there were a lot of them. We don't get to race on many tracks built this way but being able to safely, keyword being safely, practice jumping really paid off. I will definately return if nothing but for this. If I had to say anything negative, it was really dusty, but other than that I don't see how you could go wrong by visiting.

2strokeTim
09-23-2007, 05:27 PM
first of all keep the 90 get an fmf pipe and elka shocks then you should have a pretty sick quad. itd be one macho quad:macho :macho :macho

2strokeTim
09-23-2007, 05:27 PM
first of all keep the 90 get an fmf pipe and elka shocks then you should have a pretty sick quad. itd be one macho quad:macho :macho :macho