PDA

View Full Version : the power of the hmf?

homemadebrownie
09-08-2007, 02:06 PM
is there a great power increase when u put the hmf complete on the 250ex

m.h.s.c.#527
09-08-2007, 06:46 PM
yes most low to mid i can pull hills a gear higher after the hmf

tedwilley
09-08-2007, 08:06 PM
I don't have any experience with other exhaust systems, but based on m.h.s.c.#527's recommendations, I bought the HMF full system.
My first thought when test riding it was WOW:D

Lots of low end grunt and mid range torque, and it's so loud....... I feel like more of a man riding my little 250ex:devil:

Seriously, without the Quiet Core insert it is loud enough that I have been mistaken for a 400 until they see me.

klutchbuster250
09-08-2007, 08:46 PM
yea its a huge increase , befor i put on my heavy arse tires in the front and my aftermarket bumper i can bring it up in 3 and in 4 gear if i tried, i can still do it in 3 but i strugel. i also can pull on 300s on dirt drags and i have smaller tires so it compliments the low end i gaind from the pipe

m.h.s.c.#527
09-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by tedwilley
I don't have any experience with other exhaust systems, but based on m.h.s.c.#527's recommendations, I bought the HMF full system.

Lots of low end grunt and mid range torque, and it's so loud....... I feel like more of a man riding my little 250ex:devil:

Seriously, without the Quiet Core insert it is loud enough that I have been mistaken for a 400 until they see me.

its nice to know i helped you out

250exkid
09-17-2007, 06:53 PM
pretty much any full system pipe set up for the 250ex is good... i have the curtis sparks X-4 full system and my and my friend have the same mods and same quades just different years and in a race i might pull ahead a tad bit but were pretty much the same and then top out the same... also he had the polished HMF full system

07250ex
09-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by tedwilley

haha more of a man :huh lol jk ... but uhhm yeah i've heard 50's that are mad loud its the pipe that makes it loud not the size

ryanh250ex
09-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by 07250ex
its the pipe that makes it loud not the size

Not totally true. A larger motor has stronger exhaust pulses- , which means more air is rushing through the pipe. More air= more sound. More sound, however, does not directly mean more air, or more power for that matter.

Not trying to nitpick, but I try to establish fact over myth. You are correct in that muffler design does affect overall sound levels.

07250ex
09-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by ryanh250ex
Not totally true. A larger motor has stronger exhaust pulses- , which means more air is rushing through the pipe. More air= more sound. More sound, however, does not directly mean more air, or more power for that matter.

Not trying to nitpick, but I try to establish fact over myth. You are correct in that muffler design does affect overall sound levels. well obviously a 500 is gunna be louder than a 50 in stock for but with the correct exhaust combinations a 50 can be louder then a 500

culichi
09-24-2007, 02:49 PM
well i dont know about hmf but i love my yoshi!!