PDA

View Full Version : Boost Bottle

67mopar
09-07-2007, 02:29 PM
i have a chance to get a boost bottle for one of my odyssey's and was wondering wat they actually do and wat makes them so good. i kno that they hook up to the intake manifold before the carburator and that you can get them for banshees too, but like i said, i was just wondering wat they do.

Ghost-Rider
09-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Nitrous, if you don't know what nitrous is don't get it.

whiteboycustom
09-07-2007, 02:52 PM
http://www.nacsracing.com/htmlcatalog/banshee-boost-bottle.htm

its not nos hes talkin about

initall
09-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Nitrous... LOL

Don't get a boost bottle they are pointless, don't waste your money

almost as much as pink powerbands

derekhonda
09-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider

AHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA

For real though, it's supposed to be like a resevoir air tank that fills up with clean air when you aren't on the throttle and then when you give it some gas the engine has more air to draw on.

In normal terms, it's relatively pointless.

ZeroLogic
09-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
For real though, it's supposed to be like a resevoir air tank that fills up with clean air when you aren't on the throttle and then when you give it some gas the engine has more air to draw on.

Oh my Lord! That must add like! A zelliongabillion horsepower! Where can I get one!:eek:

Nitrous. LMFAO.

GPracer2500
09-07-2007, 03:55 PM
There is a technical basis for the "boost bottle". Yamaha had an acronym for these devices: Yamaha Energy Induction System (YEIS).

Here's an example from an older Yamaha.
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6125/yeis9jm.jpg

I believe other manufactures have used similar devices on factory bikes.

AFAIK, the idea was to combat the intake reversion that can occur within certain RPM. A "boost bottle" provides a reservoir so reversed intake charge has someplace to go other than back through the carburetor where it can pick-up a double charge of fuel. That temporary rich condition can make the engine feel lazy and unresponsive until the situation resolves itself.

Basically, boost bottles are damper for intake pulsation. That's my understanding anyway.

Does the typical aftermarket boost bottle help? They might help a little under certain situations. I'd think their effectiveness would be closely linked to the particulars of the rest of the engine--things like reed choice, exhaust choice, port timings, etc. A boost bottle is a tuned part. The size and volume matters. I'd think that in order for it to be effective the rest of the engine would have to "match" the boost bottle. I suspect that's why many say they are useless. They might have experienced them on machines in which the boost bottle wasn't properly matched to the needs of the engine.

I'd think it unlikely that a boost bottle will harm performance (other than maybe the reliability aspect of introducing extra joints that could leak air if the joints deteriorate). If you get lucky and the boost bottle is a good match for your engine's configuration then it could help some. I wouldn't expect it to make a huge difference though.

$0.02

67mopar
09-07-2007, 04:50 PM
hahaha. i know what nitrous is and i knew that it wasnt nitrous and it couldnt add that much power if any power, i was just wondering wat they were for and how much more power they add. from your guys comments they don't sound that great so i probably wont get it.

mineralgrey01gt
09-07-2007, 04:52 PM
hey man, i have an odyssey also, what kind do you have? I have an 83 FL250. I just got the new firing coil in for it and im just gonna keep it. I had it for sale for a while with an extra chassis for $300 but I may try to redo it.

Kickstarts-suck
09-07-2007, 06:27 PM

Not nitrous, if you don't know what a boost bottle is don't post .

:chinese: :p

just messin

Ghost-Rider
09-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Am i the only one that has heard of nitrous being called a boost bottle ???

Kickstarts-suck
09-07-2007, 06:50 PM

nope i have

ZeroLogic
09-07-2007, 07:30 PM

No.

67mopar
09-07-2007, 07:34 PM
i have a 82 FL250 and an 81 Fl250. both had a little damage and needed rebuilds so im using parts from both and making one perfect one then selling the extra parts. i had some aftermarket stuff on one and im buying more so it'll get up and go:devil:

i'm about half way through the rebuild have most of the stuff painted and powdercoated black and have red fenders and floor pan and black wheels. i think its gonna come out pretty nice.

thanks again to everyone who gave me the info about the boost bottle. you guys saved me some dough:D

and i also have heard nos called a boost bottle but thats not wat i was talkin about

Mean250r
09-07-2007, 08:05 PM
LMFAO NITROUS?!

Ur a retard ghost rider aha

mineralgrey01gt
09-07-2007, 08:10 PM
i need a good seat for mine :) if you would happen to have an extra one

67mopar
09-07-2007, 08:21 PM
i have the back part but the bottm is rusted out.

67mopar
09-07-2007, 08:40 PM
just in case u didnt know the backrest part and bottom are seperate pieces