PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Race

ccole400EX
10-30-2001, 01:22 PM
I whent riding today with a buddy who just got his 2002 Raptor last weekend. After riding it this is what i thought. It sits up a little to high and it doesn't like to be lugged around. It will die if you are just putting in 2nd gear but the feel of the power is awsome. It pulls really hard and seems to run out on top. After we rode around a while we had to race. (lol) I have the 416 with the 10-8-1 piston,HRC cam with the K&N filter and a WR slip on pipe. When we would take off i would get a jump on him( about half a quad link) i think because he had to start in 1st where i was in 2nd gear we would remain that distance apart till he hit 5th gear then he would catch up and beat me by a wheel. I did beat him a few times but most times it was the same he would win by a stinking wheel. I have not rejetted since breaking in my 416 so i might try that and see what happens or just get the FCR carb. What do you guys think should the 416 beat the stock Raptor or will they always win out on the top end of the motor. This is not the most important thing to me( to win ) but it's always nice to beat a buddy. Thank for your time.

FlyinRed
10-30-2001, 02:16 PM
Raptor stock?

I'm sure after his wallet recovers and he puts some aftermarket stuff on he'll start beating you by a lot more. I think the Ex is a great bike, but if he put half the money into hop-ups as you did, you'll never win. I bought my bike used, so I could go 465 alky, and still be under sticker price for the ex. I think i'll start looking for an "R" to get my speed fix.

Sorry, just felt chatty.

10-30-2001, 03:08 PM
I think any Raptor will beat a 400EX in a drag race but on the Mx track I kill'em. As for Banshees I beat them in drag races all the time. But remember it's still a Yamaha and could break down at any moment :D

Just my 2 cent's.

10-31-2001, 05:43 PM
FlyinRed

wallet is fine, letting ccole-400ex feel good before i run him down

MOFO
11-01-2001, 05:56 AM
Your running your 416 with all those mods and its still running the stock jets!?!? Change those puppies out! ;)

Eric

FlyinRed
11-01-2001, 08:34 AM
Thats pretty sneeky paper boy:devil

11-01-2001, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
Your running your 416 with all those mods and its still running the stock jets!?!? Change those puppies out! ;)

Eric

I think he means he's still running the jets installed with the kit,,sometimes after a motor brake in you have to rejet once everything is sealed and fined tuned..

rhandw69
11-01-2001, 09:25 AM
Well i hate raptors as far as the handling goes!
But i have to admit that i love the horses and speed it puts out. Now if i could have that engine in my ex frame, then that would be nice.
Sorry but, next to a modded banshee, i feel the speed of the raptor is what i want for the sand.
Now as far as trails and mx goes, sure my ex is great. BUt like i said, id still like to have the horses that the other two puts out in my bike.
Rhan