PDA

View Full Version : will not rev

post450r
09-07-2007, 09:09 AM
blocked oil pump off a few weeks ago replaced reeds air filter spark plug the quad ran fine when parked but after all parts named above were installed it will not rev idles great acts like it is extremely rich tried setting needle lean as it would go stillacts rich have not a clue please help me figure this problem out

honda450rider33
09-07-2007, 02:35 PM
here is something you can try i had this simmilar problem on the clutch lever there is a parking brake there is a wire on it take off the front hood and follow the wire the wire leads to a plug on the wiring harness unplug it and start it and see if that works. that is a saftey so if the parking brake is ingaged it will not let it move it will start and idle but if you give it gas it sounds like it is almost bouncing off a rev limiter but that is that switch. this is what happend to me and i unplugged it and it fired right up and ran fine hope this helps.

P.S. make sure your parking brake is not engaged before you do all this

Xater
09-07-2007, 07:50 PM
make sure the reeds are installed right and there are no air leaks in the intake. if its not that it could be the parking brake

blasterfreak99
09-09-2007, 06:34 PM
the parking brake would be for the 03 and newer blasters. on the 02 and older their is a plug under the front hood. it has white plugs on the end. unplug it and see if it helps. it did the same thing on mine. and when i unplugged it it started and ran fine.

honda450rider33
09-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by blasterfreak99
the parking brake would be for the 03 and newer blasters. on the 02 and older their is a plug under the front hood. it has white plugs on the end. unplug it and see if it helps. it did the same thing on mine. and when i unplugged it it started and ran fine.

that is how it is on mine and mine is an 04