PDA

View Full Version : 2004 400ex for sale.

Honda4lyphe
09-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Ive got a 2004 400ex for sale. For the most part, its in very good condition ive babied it from day one, im the 2nd owner.

The first owner admitted he rode it hard, so everything maintiance related has been replaced, infact i accidently grinded out the stock bearing carrier so it has a brand new lone star duel row bearing carrier. Replaced the clutch cable a few weeks ago.

Aftermarket parts -

White brothers slip-on
DG front bumper
Lonestar duel row bearing carrier
FXR nerfs
Renthal Handlebars (slightly bent, im working on getting them fixed, reason i never did is because personally i liked the way it bent, made things feel alot easier and takes off a bit of stress off your arms, looks cooler too)
New grips
Kehinin jets (42 pilot, 52 main)

All around this 4-wheeler looks great, it gets up and goes. I have had absoutly no trouble engine wise on this machine, its always been reliable to me. I changed the oil once a month, and always turn the gas off after a ride as well as give it a good wash. I have rode it alot, but it still has much more to give!

Now for the flaws -

The whole back brake caliper was ripped off, but all you need is a new brake fluid cable and brake pads and it should be ready to go.

The front caliper was missing a screw on a long ride, so it scraped the rim a bit, it hasnt effect the handeling but i though i should mention that.

Tires are at about 30%

Tool box came off

Gas tank screws are gone (doesnt effect anything though)

I flipped it twice, the frame is in perfect shape exept for the handelbars which i mentioned before, can be fixed.

Parking brake hasnt worked since ive gotten it.

Other then that, it starts on the very first press of the button everytim, runs smooth and gives a loud roar to let everyone know whos boss. The flaws are easly fixable, ill get some pics up asap.

Im asking $2600 OBO
My # is 270-703-2258
I live in benton kentucky.

I really dont want to sell this, but i have to for a car, so if anyone has a car theyd like to trade in, hit me with your offers. Again, you will not be dissapointed with this bike. Its served me well and brought many joys, as i hope it will you.