PDA

View Full Version : Wierd

Sjorge450R
09-06-2007, 07:03 PM
I just put my stock cam back in after realizing that the 03 CRF cam is not for me. Well now, oil is leaking out of the head from the two front bolts. Can I just ooze them up with some High temp RVT sealant until I get new washers or what?

Also, does everyone elses quad seem to get really hot when its just idling for a while in your garage? I stalled it (how i turn it off sometimes) and i went to pull the kick starter out and it was like really hot. Never noticed this before, cause i usually dont let it idle in the garage.

pro-rider46
09-06-2007, 08:14 PM
your bolts are probably done holding on the valve cover, they costs like 2.33 a piece order two more and remember to only torque them to 7 ft/lbs. they are designed to break so go easy on them. and as for the kicker getting hot mine gets really hot just when i am out riding, it is normal. any questions ask!

Sjorge450R
09-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
your bolts are probably done holding on the valve cover, they costs like 2.33 a piece order two more and remember to only torque them to 7 ft/lbs. they are designed to break so go easy on them. and as for the kicker getting hot mine gets really hot just when i am out riding, it is normal. any questions ask!

i didnt know that those bolts wear out...thats wierd...lol. I guess i will try some RVT, cause my dealer doesnt have them in stock and i have a race sunday.

Thanks

Scro
09-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Did you put the rubber washers back in the valve cover? I've taken my head apart countless times since 2004, and never had one leak or wear out unless the rubber washer fell out.

Sjorge450R
09-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Did you put the rubber washers back in the valve cover? I've taken my head apart countless times since 2004, and never had one leak or wear out unless the rubber washer fell out.

i feel so dumb right now. Someone must have been in the gargage when i wasnt in there cause the washers werent still in the cover. They have never come out of the cover :p

i guess it must have fell off the shelf and the washers fell out....

i just didnt bother to check for them i guess, since they never came out....lol:rolleyes:

pro-rider46
09-07-2007, 02:38 PM
HAHA thats funny