PDA

View Full Version : Pro Armor Pro pegs and 22"s

kraemer
09-06-2007, 06:22 PM
I recently purchased a set of AC Racing Honda 400EX Black Line Pro Pegs (PART #05-5075) and upon mounting I learned they will not clear my tires. I am running 22" ITP Spidertrax on a 400ex w/ a stock swingarm length. I am going to purchase Maxxis Razr 2's in 22" height soon. I was wondering if you have tried to mount these on a bike with either tire configuration, as you know different manufacturers measure differently, some are mounted height some are un mounted height. I have no need to lengthen my swing arm as of now, and I can not run 20" tires with the technical terrain I primarily ride in. (the north east is pretty rocky)

I might consider trying to sell these and buy Pro Armor pro pegs w/ heel guards, but want to make sure they will clear 22"s. I got a decent deal on the AC's, I wanted Black P A's but I was impattient and just bought the AC's

Thank You, for any information you can provide me.

Chris Kraemer
Kraemer01@comcast.net

04TRX400EX
09-10-2007, 02:53 PM
I was trying to find a picture of my quad from the side with the Pro Armors installed but I only have shots from an angle. I am unsure if you are talking about just the pegs or the whole Pro Peg nerf bar setup (probably the whole setup) - there is very little clearance between the back of the heel guard and the tire. I run 20" Kenda Klaw XC's on the rear which actually measure about 20.5" tall and they barely clear. I'd say that there is no more than 2" between the tire and the heel guard. So if I would have to guess, I'd say no, your 22" rears are not going to clear.

allstock
09-10-2007, 05:03 PM
my pro armors wount even clear my stock 20's when i bottom out

project400ex19
09-17-2007, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by kraemer
I recently purchased a set of AC Racing Honda 400EX Black Line Pro Pegs (PART #05-5075) and upon mounting I learned they will not clear my tires. I am running 22" ITP Spidertrax on a 400ex w/ a stock swingarm length. I am going to purchase Maxxis Razr 2's in 22" height soon. I was wondering if you have tried to mount these on a bike with either tire configuration, as you know different manufacturers measure differently, some are mounted height some are un mounted height. I have no need to lengthen my swing arm as of now, and I can not run 20" tires with the technical terrain I primarily ride in. (the north east is pretty rocky)

I might consider trying to sell these and buy Pro Armor pro pegs w/ heel guards, but want to make sure they will clear 22"s. I got a decent deal on the AC's, I wanted Black P A's but I was impattient and just bought the AC's

Thank You, for any information you can provide me.

Chris Kraemer
Kraemer01@comcast.net

Well I just bent one of my Pro Armor nerfs so I'm looking for some new nerfs. I know IMS/Pro Armor combo will fit. I do not think pro armors will allow for a 22" tire. But my brother runs IMS pegs and heel guards w/ pro armor nerfs and he clears his 22" ITP HD
if any of that helps...pm me if you want to get rid of those AC...

project400ex19
09-17-2007, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by project400ex19
Well I just bent one of my Pro Armor nerfs so I'm looking for some new nerfs. I know IMS/Pro Armor combo will fit. I do not think pro armors will allow for a 22" tire. But my brother runs IMS pegs and heel guards w/ pro armor nerfs and he clears his 22" ITP HD
if any of that helps...pm me if you want to get rid of those AC...

let me know if you want a pair of pro armors to try...I will be yanking mine off real soon...They might just end up in the garbage. Pieces of crap. They are powder coated black. the right one is bent back.

kraemer
09-17-2007, 04:03 PM
i emailed AC tech support and their tech told me they were designed for 22's with very little clearance, that they will clear the Razr's but the ITP are a little taller than 22's. I just broke down and bought some 20's, I hit some slop every now and again and didn't want to have to worry about clumping on the heel guards.. Now I might have to find a more sturdy skidplate, I already bent it up, and i cut and added a 1/2" to the rotor side, and i still have clearance issues.