PDA

View Full Version : New TRX700XX

ltothaj1
09-06-2007, 12:49 PM
what do u guys think about the new TRX700XX? i think it will be an extremely nice and powerful machine....686 cc fuel injection...Independent Rear Suspension....but what is up with the front? lol could use a facelift but other than that it seems pretty sweet....

lumi
09-06-2007, 01:31 PM
all i can say:
very disappointed!!

8grand/ 506 pounds!!!!!/ ugly, i mean ugly *** Front end, fenders.

as for the redesigned front plastics for the 400ex... it aswell is horrible, but not as much as the 700xx... it has the 450r front headlight and plastics that overlap, and lines that are all over the place, not smooth at all. really ugly.

i think the 700xx would be a good upgrade from 400ex owners as it has IRS for the trails, a big motoro with alot of torque, EFI... other than that...

i love my 06 450R :)

09-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Yea man this really sucks. Honda is really screwing things up now adays. My favorite is still the 87 250r and besides that the old 2004-2007 450r becuase they are just screwing stuff now adays. If things get worse then I am going to Yamaha or Suzuki but, I am happy I got my 450r when I did becuase I could not be happier and they last forever and same with the 250r which in my opinion was the best quad ever made and I NEED one! lol

badquad
09-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Wheres the pictures of the bike??

09-06-2007, 07:27 PM
if you want a quad for the woods this thing is going to be the best, irs and reverse, the front looks like the larger fender part will remove for more of a race look, as far as that goes, screw the looks, i want the package it offers with hondas reliability, not bs like polaris has with there junk!!! there irs cuts into the rear wheels due to shoty bearings in the wheels, i bought one and the ktm engine leaked thru a case bolt and the rear wheel bearings wobbled after the first ride allowing the rear wheels to have grind marks, and my engine to be really really low on oil, people blame the a arm casting , but if you tip them up on there sides you can push the rear wheels back and forth and up and down total junk, i dont get the ktm case bolt maybe just a lemon, who knows, what i do know is all 5 polaris dealers in indiana wouldnt buy it back the same week i purchased it for 3300.00 when i had only ridden it once and had just paid 7400.00 and had the reciept....so to sum up my review, I want 1 ,I think it kicks *** and it will be next to my 450r weather the front end is cool to you guys are not, chances are, youll be seeing the rear of mine anyways...peace

johnny_bravo
09-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Front plastic crap can be shanked off lol

This is the business end of the unit!!
http://hsdracing.com/images/trx700xx.jpg
http://hsdracing.com/images/trx700xx2.jpg
http://hsdracing.com/images/trx700xx3.jpg

pro-rider46
09-06-2007, 08:20 PM
they should have made the 700 like the 450r a tad and change it a little, kinda how the yfz and raptor have a lot of similar looking parts, and i would like to see it a straight axle, that would be cool.

dgould
09-06-2007, 08:22 PM
****ing sick i knew honda would do something like that they had to sorta to keep up with the raptor i bet the honda 700 would smoke yamaha raptors out the wazoo all i got to say is its sick efi irs it may look a little ugly and honda should have probably made it look sorta like a 450r but damn....one word UNTOUCHABLE!!

buck naked-r
09-06-2007, 08:49 PM
IS THERE A PIC OF THE BIKE WITH EVERYTHING ON IT?

Bradracer18
09-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Not to jump in on your guy's forum here.....but do you think it was made to keep up with the rappy 700.....or the outlaw/KTM 525? Just wondering/making convo....

I do agree....kinda ugly compared to the R.

johnny_bravo
09-06-2007, 09:11 PM
"EVERYTHING ON IT" LOL (http://www.atvriders.com/atvmodels/honda2008trx700xxatvsport.html)

I would say it is competition for all big bore quads- Pol, KTM and Raptor

jmoney45
09-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by dgould
****ing sick i knew honda would do something like that they had to sorta to keep up with the raptor i bet the honda 700 would smoke yamaha raptors out the wazoo all i got to say is its sick efi irs it may look a little ugly and honda should have probably made it look sorta like a 450r but damn....one word UNTOUCHABLE!!

Are you serious? This thing weighs 100 lbs. more than the raptor. The raptor will run circles around it.

MR.BIG
09-07-2007, 12:06 PM
You got alot of extra weight from the IRS but it should run pretty good. They will be an awesome trail machine and have lots of torque like the raptors.

quadman 05400ex
09-07-2007, 12:16 PM
:blah: :D you no wat will fix that front end on that 700 haha hahhaha i nice big TREE lolololol jk if u get one and feel the power u mit start to like it more just my 2 cents

speedfreaksguy
09-07-2007, 04:08 PM
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/1828/128268108trx700xxbv9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

4ABURN
09-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I would love to take it for a ride!!!!!!I think the raptor and 450 are to much of the same. I think Honda might hit the target with this big bore.....:D We will see....

TheNewn
09-07-2007, 07:03 PM
It does say 506 p ounds is the CURB weight, not the dry weight.

So it's not quite as heavy as most people seem to think...

But all in all. I'm pretty disappointed with it. I wanted a solid axle version...

indy450r
09-07-2007, 07:28 PM
i think raptors are the most over rated quad on the market today the raptor can't even beat the honda 450 or any of the other one's in a drag race. the honda 450 is really fast i can't wait to see how fast the 700xx is i bet in a drag race the 700xx will beat the 450's 2 or more

TheNewn
09-07-2007, 09:32 PM
My dad has a 700 Raptor...and i have to say, its probably one of the best quads on the market today. I have my doubts as to whether a 450 can beat it or not.

I'd be surprized if this 700xx could beat a Raptor in a race, probably a 450 though.

450R_lover
09-08-2007, 05:37 PM
700 raptors are over rated IMO also. For something that has FI and 686cc's or whatever it has, its not as fast as it should be. I've raced 2 different 700's and yes they are fast, but not as fast as they should be. One of them just had a pipe, and i beat him by like 3 quad lengths... the other had intake, computer programmer, and exhaust and it was a close race... sometimes id beat him and sometimes he'd beat me. depended on who got the jump off the line.

09-08-2007, 08:16 PM
the reason these where built is simple ...to dominate in the woods, if any of you ben on an outlaw 525, then youd know why this is built....its the ****,dense *** woods that have never been ridden, trespassing with reverse wait til the after market gets ahold of it, not to mention to make it a straight axle would have been like going backwards, it is and will be the ****, i am getting one in nov dec? asap and keeping my 450r....these type of quads are the shizzle in the woods, you guys are all concerned about the weight and the looks, when the weight is running weight so take atleast 30lbs off for fluid and next a 700cc bike will rock esp with irs, i owned a ktm outlaw and was disappointed with the reliability, i thank the gods honda built this. and i think it looks pissed, cant wait til its in my garage dyno tuned with a pipe and some badass rims, i know your starting to get it now. if your all about mx, then just chill and let us woods riders have our fun, it is for the woods and definetley not for the all 100% mx rider, if thats who you are, just respect that honda isnt just doing the same ****, get back on your "r" and smile, if you do ride like i do in some crazy *** never been in in 100 years , trees down everywhere and saplings everywhere else woods, then your probably starting to think again about this bad mf'r I cant wait to get one, i dont even care if it will beat a raptor, im down with honda, the **** always runs, always. peace

TheNewn
09-08-2007, 08:19 PM
A good point well taken. ^

NJChris
09-09-2007, 02:44 AM
I was told by my dealer it isnt available till APRIL!!! I hope he is BS'ing me. I think this bike will take quad design to the next level. Sure its not the bike for MX, if it was it would be a 450...lol. Im suprised its been undercover so long without a rumor. No doubt they been working and r/d'ing it for years. Thanks Honda for a step in a new direction.

Screven_Rida
09-09-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure why everyone thinks this is the best thing ever for the woods and the Outlaw isn't even going to touch it. Outlaw is around 50lbs. lighter and has a bad *** motor too.

KingpinsEx
09-09-2007, 07:19 PM
You want to see a quad that was built to dominate the woods, look at the KTM 525. That is a sport quad built for the woods. I am not really sure what Honda was trying to do with this thing. It seems aimed at the recreational trail rider, but with that setup I don't see why someone would really choose it over one of the top of the line utilities. Sure it might be a little faster, handle a little better, but it doesn't seem like anything special to me. If i wanted to ride in deep woods and mud, i would get a utility. If i wanted to race in the woods i would get a KTM or a 450r. In my mind this is just too little too late.....

Drewltr450
09-10-2007, 06:13 PM
this year they should have gave the 450r fuel injection and made it wider like the ltr. instead of making an irs 700 they should have made a 700 straight axle like the raptor

Drewltr450
09-10-2007, 06:15 PM
or made a 700 striaght axle and a irs 700

09-12-2007, 04:43 PM
screven, i had a brand new polaris outlaw 525, rode it 1 hour, 1 HOUR! and the bad *** ktm engine dumped almost all the running oil out thru a case bolt! (the bolt directlt under the rear oil filter)after that, i discovered on these forums about the rear wheels(the brand new rear wheel bearings were letting my rear wheels rub the a arms, carving into my rims! thats why im stoked about honda doing it. i loved how my outlaw handled but the reliability sucked, not 1 dealer in my whole ****ing state would buy it back the same week i paid 7400.00 for it, for my payoff, 3300.00.....im keeping my 450r and getting the 700xx, i do think the new 525 ktm will kick *** but im scared the engine will leak oil like my oillaw did and its the same ****, i like new differant stuff ( see i'll even eat food ive never tried, i know its crazy, thats just me!) but until you ride a sport irs quad, you dont know whats up and should ride one then get your opinion dialed, if you race mx there is no doubt this isnt for you, who knows, it may not be for me either...who knows, i just love honda **** and im buying one, if you dont want one then who cares if you think its cool or not, just look , smile, and get back on your r model, remember ...some people are individuals and some like stuff you all wont. ps the ktm engine will be replaced in there atvs after the first 2 years, they will have new tech trust me on this one, been in the buis for 5 years and i knew honda had this quad, there were rumors and a friend of mine owns an off road park and honda had one there 6 to 9 months ago testing......didnt witness, but he told me and look, either hes real good at lying since this came true, or he really saw it. who knows?

RagunCajun
09-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 450R_lover
700 raptors are over rated IMO also. For something that has FI and 686cc's or whatever it has, its not as fast as it should be. I've raced 2 different 700's and yes they are fast, but not as fast as they should be. One of them just had a pipe, and i beat him by like 3 quad lengths... the other had intake, computer programmer, and exhaust and it was a close race... sometimes id beat him and sometimes he'd beat me. depended on who got the jump off the line.

Are you saying you beat a raptor in a drag race? Neither bikes or any production quads are made for drag racing. You also hear storys about 700's spankin 450r's. Just enjoy the bikes for what they can do.

One local has his crank on his honda 450r brake a couple months after he bought it brand new. Now, do i talk **** about the 450r? nope, mechines brake, that's just a fact.

They are all nice bikes. Just my $0.02.

450R_lover
09-12-2007, 09:05 PM
yes, i have beaten 2 raptor 700's in a drag. And just because production quads arent made to be drag raced, doesnt mean that they arent going to be. Everyone wants to know.. who's will win in a straight line. Do you think 450r's and raptors were made to be buried in 3 feet of mud and water? NO, but people are going to do that. And i'm not saying raptors are slow by any means, just not as fast as they could or should be.
JMO

RagunCajun
09-13-2007, 10:34 AM
mm good point. You(most) would think 700cc's should be a lot faster than 450ish. It's all how it's built though. The aftermarket is catching up fast on the 700r's. They will be a quicker in the future for sure. I think there's something called the HRC kit for the 450r's. It's a lot of cash but doesnt do much for drag performance.

Everybody with sport quads drag races to see whos faster. It's just the nature of it. And damn, it's FUN!

That's why i have a little 350cc 1980's technology 4 wheeler. It does drags well.:huh Although it is horrible at handling compared to the new 450's/700!!:(

comrad
09-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by RagunCajun
mm good point. You(most) would think 700cc's should be a lot faster than 450ish. It's all how it's built though. The aftermarket is catching up fast on the 700r's. They will be a quicker in the future for sure. I think there's something called the HRC kit for the 450r's. It's a lot of cash but doesnt do much for drag performance.

Everybody with sport quads drag races to see whos faster. It's just the nature of it. And damn, it's FUN!

That's why i have a little 350cc 1980's technology 4 wheeler. It does drags well.:huh Although it is horrible at handling compared to the new 450's/700!!:(
Actually the HRC Kit runs about 250-280$ and it provides a very BIG increase in drags. A stock 450r isn't much, but an HRC 450r is a whole new machine.

Jason Hall
09-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Chad525, I like the way you think. I have loved hondas since I had my first motorcycle a Z-50. The TRX250-R Ruled the world & still does IMO (Low seat height & magical handling). There Is nothing on this planet with the reliability of a honda, they are truely AWESOME. I hear all this smack about how stupid the 700xx looks. Give the thing a chance. Ride It then see If there's any need to talk smack, I would bet NOT

RagunCajun
09-13-2007, 01:15 PM
I thought the HRC kits cost well over a grand. My mistake guys.

KingpinsEx
09-13-2007, 04:15 PM
This is all speculation at this point since no1 in this discussion has ridden one. So how are you guy's gonna critize people for voicing their opinion. Good, bad, it shouldn't matter. If you don't want to hear people's opinions, stay out of the forum!! that is the point i thought??

brandonpeake
09-13-2007, 09:40 PM
why doesnt it say honda on the engine?

brandonpeake
09-13-2007, 09:40 PM
why doesnt it say honda on the engine?

RagunCajun
09-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
This is all speculation at this point since no1 in this discussion has ridden one. So how are you guy's gonna critize people for voicing their opinion. Good, bad, it shouldn't matter. If you don't want to hear people's opinions, stay out of the forum!! that is the point i thought??
People are just discussing it. It's what is done on forums. Talking about a new upcoming bike isnt hurting anybody.

I've actualy learned a little bit about HRC kits while in this thread haha. The more you read, the better!

RagunCajun
09-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
People are just discussing it. It's what is done on forums. Talking about a new upcoming bike isnt hurting anybody.

I've actualy learned a little bit about HRC kits while in this thread haha. The more you read, the better!

BigRed&Goldie
09-17-2007, 09:52 PM
How do you guys feel this new 700 is going to do out in the desert?

Im not at all impressed with any of the big bore quads out there! At the Whiplash Race in Snowflake I holeshotted a Raptor 700 with a intake/exhaust/full roll design suspension with elka shocks and brand new Holeshot tires on my basically stock 05'r with a Uni/Rossier and some jetting. It wasnt close at all; I never saw him again after I kicked it into third gear. The Bombardiers are just as bad! I caught one that was fully built and started 1.5min before me in just 9 miles. The scary part was as I was passing him his back wheel broke off and almost wiped me off my quad!

The point im trying to make is these things are all just big sloppy pigs. There is a reason why the 450s dominate Baja (I understand Bombardier has won a few)! Im a Honda guy, but I think the only big bore that will prove itself is the KTM. I dont think the Raptor 660 has ever really done anything amazing? The woods and trails guys might find value in the new IRS, but I dont think it will hold up?

Touching on the drag race thing, all sport quads are made to drag race.....its called a holeshot. Its much easier to make dust than eat dust entering the first turn!

Thats my invaluable .02 cents and controversy starter.