PDA

View Full Version : few carb questions

Pipeless416
09-06-2007, 11:03 AM
hello all, just a quick question that i couldnt seem to find an answer to in all of the 450r carb threads. many people seem to be using the 04-05 carbs on their 400's. does anybody know of any issues with using the 06+ fcr carbs? im very interested in this and i came across one, but im not sure about the compatibility. thanks in advance!

Pipeless416
09-06-2007, 02:59 PM
anybody?

medicdude
09-06-2007, 03:11 PM
there are a few with the FCR, i think the reason more dont run them, is theyre not that much better, for double the price. At least thats why i didnt get the FCR. My 05 made a huge difference on my 440. as far as compatibility, i dont think there are any problems. good luck.

Pipeless416
09-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by medicdude
there are a few with the FCR, i think the reason more dont run them, is theyre not that much better, for double the price. At least thats why i didnt get the FCR. My 05 made a huge difference on my 440. as far as compatibility, i dont think there are any problems. good luck.

thank you for the response! so if i could get an 05 for about the same price as the 06 fcr am i better off getting the fcr anyway? is the actual larger size the factor that makes the extra power or is it more so the overall design of the carbs? also, i couldnt find if having a larger 450r carb will take away from the low end at all? any help is greatly appreciated.