PDA

View Full Version : helmet questions

mineralgrey01gt
09-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Im in need of a helmet since my 250r build is extremely close to being done and would much rather ride with one than without one.

Now are helmets kinda like everything else, you get what you pay for? I saw some really nice helmets for a pretty cheap price but if they arent as good as others ill spend the extra money and get a good helmet.

How do I determine what size helmet I need? I wear a 7 1/8 fitted hat if that helps any.

What are some good brands? Ive been looking at HJC helmets a good bit and some Fox helmets.

Are there any things I need to get to be able to use the helmet in a riding area? I know it has to be DOT approved but is there anything else? Thanks.

ATV Chic
09-06-2007, 12:28 PM
A good, cheap, but still very good helmet is anything HJC, but make sure it says it's SNELL approved on the inside cuz some of theirs aren't. Also I like the One industies or Thor or Fox :p

Raptor68
09-06-2007, 12:36 PM
HJC is good for the money, but as mentioned before, I would only get one that is DOT or Snell approved. You'll pay a little more, but in the end have a much better/safer helmet. As far as sizing goes, your best bet is to try one on if possible. If not, I believe the Rocky Mountain catalog has a sizing chart in it.

mineralgrey01gt
09-06-2007, 12:41 PM
thanks a lot yall!