PDA

View Full Version : Hard to steer

etondaddy
09-06-2007, 09:34 AM
It’s sad but I can’t remember what year it is but I got a 05 or so 750 Brute Force is there something you can do to make it steer easier

rigger
09-26-2007, 07:29 PM
make sure everything that is suppose to move moves freely. You may need to clean and lube a few parts.

My 650 Brute was a light steering machine to me until I put a winch and bigger tires on it. That made a big difference.

firefighterjosh
09-26-2007, 07:32 PM
info from nyrocatv.com

The BF handles really well for an IRS machine. However, you can improve your BF's handling by adding a winch to help the nose be a little heavier, adding ITP C-series wheels for wider track, and Kawasaki has a lower seat to lower the overall center of gravity. Adjust your spring preloads to your preference. Loose the stock tires.

There are rumors out that shimming the inside tie rods with a washer makes the big brute "easier" to turn. but I would do this at your own risk
Bruteforcebob

brute jumper
10-20-2007, 02:45 PM
ya i did the washer thing i just put one under each inner tie rod didnt notce that much differnce i have n 06 mine steered like a tank i sprayd lithum grease on the top steering stem bushing n lubed the bottom bearing n it steers alot better hope this helps ya.

deepcj7
12-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Rox risers and CR high bend handlebars. Less pullback in the bars give you more leverage, worked great for me.

etondaddy
12-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Would you have any web pages or part numbers or some one to call for that stuff. I don't know a lot about big quad stuff...h*ll I never ride the da** thing. We're to busy with the mini's for Kyle.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=326142

Thanks
Mike Kozura